You’ll discover plenty of great reasons to head out to a a beach near you. Regardless of the activity – swimming, grilling on the beach, throwing the frisbee, having a picnic, going on walks, or simply catching some rays, beaches are a home to many different fun activities.
Finding a great swimming beach in Westlake with plenty of room for activities on the beach is not too difficult. If you could use some assistance with searching for a fantastic beach near you, start by finding one with our list below. Get started, by entering your zip code in the following box below.
Beaches Near Westlake
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|1,879||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Turkeyfoot Beach||Recreational lake for swimming & canoeing, featuring a sandy swimming beach & picnic facilities.||New Franklin||OH||44319||40.97||-81.55||40.968945-81.545397||4.50||18 reviews|
|1,878||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Portage Lakes State Park Beach||New Franklin||OH||44319||XF93+QF New Franklin, Ohio||https://ohiodnr.gov||(330) 644-2220||40.97||-81.55||40.969407-81.546252||4.50||402 reviews||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM|
|1,876||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Dog park||Bow Wow Beach||Stow||OH||44224||5HVM+Q6 Stow, Ohio||https://stowohio.org||(330) 689-5100||41.19||-81.42||41.194418-81.416950||5027 Stow Rd||4.70||717 reviews||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||11AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM|
|1,874||Beach pavillion||Boater's Beach||Aurora||OH||44202||8JJ5+HX Aurora, Ohio||41.33||-81.39||41.331415-81.390094|
|1,875||Playground||Corey Park & Beach||Aurora||OH||44202||8JP5+6V Aurora, Ohio||41.34||-81.39||41.335581-81.390320||5.00||1 review|
|7,517||beach||Chargin Harbor Beach||44095||41.68||-81.43||41.677268-81.432613|
|7,516||beach||Chagrin Harbor Beach||44095||41.68||-81.43||41.678461-81.431676|
|1,856||Beach||Timberlake Residents Beach||Timberlake||OH||44095||https://villageoftimberlake.com||(440) 571-4246||41.67||-81.45||41.665531-81.449942||34343 Lakeshore Blvd||4.40||25 reviews|
|7,513||beach||Will O Beach||44095||41.64||-81.48||41.635405-81.480761|
|1,870||Beach||Sims Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.62||-81.52||41.616522-81.523556||4.80||26 reviews|
|1,871||Beach||Noble Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.53||41.614838-81.527736||4.70||3 reviews|
|1,872||Beach||Moss Point Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.53||41.612748-81.531936||2.30||4 reviews|
|7,521||Beach||Arcadia Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.54||41.605269-81.543102||4.30||12 reviews|
|1,869||Beach||Utopia Beach||Euclid||OH||44119||41.60||-81.54||41.603812-81.544859||4.00||5 reviews|
|1,864||Tourist attraction||Cleveland Script Sign - Euclid Beach||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCPM+GJ Cleveland, Ohio||https://thisiscleveland.com||41.59||-81.57||41.586334-81.565905||16301 Lakeshore Blvd||4.60||13 reviews|
|1,862||Park||Euclid Beach Park||Sandy shores & scenic spots, plus remnants of the historic amusement park once located here.||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCMJ+GC Cleveland, Ohio||https://euclidbeach.org||(216) 635-3200||41.58||-81.57||41.583832-81.568891||16301 Lakeshore Blvd||4.50||1,728 reviews||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM|
|1,868||Park||Euclid Beach park||Cleveland||OH||44119||HCMJ+G9 Cleveland, Ohio||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||41.58||-81.57||41.583793-81.569065||16975 Lakeshore Blvd||4.80||4 reviews|
|1,863||Beach pavillion||Euclid Beach||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCMJ+C5 Cleveland, Ohio||41.58||-81.57||41.583527-81.569619||3.70||6 reviews||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM|
|1,860||Parking lot||Edgewater Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||F7R6+2V Cleveland, Ohio||41.49||-81.74||41.490092-81.737823||7600 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway||5.00||1 review|
|1,858||Beach||Perkins Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||41.49||-81.74||41.489217-81.739577||4.40||15 reviews|
|1,857||Beach||Edgewater Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||41.49||-81.74||41.488015-81.741439||4.60||6,407 reviews|
|1,859||Park||Perkins Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||F6QX+G6 Cleveland, Ohio||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||41.49||-81.75||41.488771-81.751925||10001 Cliff Dr||5.00||4 reviews|
|1,867||Historical landmark||Rockman Beach||Rocky River||OH||44116||F59C+7X Rocky River, Ohio||41.47||-81.83||41.468188-81.827559||Valley Pkwy Trail||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|1,861||Beach||Clifton Beach||Lakewood||OH||44107||41.49||-81.83||41.490881-81.833470||2.90||27 reviews|
|1,866||Beach||Wagar Beach||Rocky River||OH||44116||41.49||-81.85||41.485693-81.851677||3.40||20 reviews|
|1,865||Beach||Parklawn Beach||Public recreation area on Lake Erie featuring an intimate stretch of sand, trees & no facilities.||Rocky River||OH||44116||41.48||-81.86||41.483660-81.860213||2.30||7 reviews|
|1,873||Beach||Huntington Beach||Bay Village||OH||44140||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||(440) 331-8111||41.49||-81.93||41.491103-81.934069||28492-28648 Lake Rd||4.50||953 reviews|
|1,850||Park||Chelsea Beach||Lorain||OH||44052||FRFH+85 Lorain, Ohio||41.47||-82.17||41.473368-82.172045||401 Lakeside Ave||5.00||1 review|
|1,849||Beach||Lakeview Beach||Ohio 44052||OH||44052||41.46||-82.20||41.464032-82.195324||4.60||313 reviews|
|1,855||Beach pavillion||Main Street Beach||Vermilion||OH||44089||CJGM+2H Vermilion, Ohio||(440) 204-2400||41.43||-82.37||41.425057-82.366033||Main St||4.30||6 reviews||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM|
|1,853||Beach||Main Street Beach||Lake beach for swimming, fishing & bird watching, also featuring a kayak/canoe launch & concessions.||Vermilion||OH||44089||41.43||-82.37||41.425044-82.366274||4.70||53 reviews|
|1,854||Beach||Edson Creek OH||Vermilion||OH||44089||41.42||-82.37||41.422270-82.371562||Liberty Ave||5.00||2 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Prior to heading out to a beach in Westlake, OH or the surrounding location, verify on Google to be sure that it is free to the public. Don’t be surprised if the beach you want to visit is closed as a result of the time you get there, being closed on certain days, or closing during the winter.
Remember that the weather on a beach is very different than in the city. Wind can be colder and unpredictible when it is blowing onto a beach.
Westlake, OH Beach Rules
While each beach in Westlake may use various rules for using their beach, prepare to follow the following guidelines for any beach in Westlake that you go to.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- never visit the beach whenever it is not open.
- Even if a lifeguard is supervising the beach, know that you are swimming at risk to yourself.
- Remember, if you take an object to the beach, you are expected to not leave anything behind.
- Look for signs for guidance on fires on the beach because they could be illegal or you have to follow specific guidelines.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to stop doing something, then you must do it.
Westlake Beach Tips
- Remember extra clothing. Even if you’re expecting a warm day at the beach, you should understand that the temperature at the beach can change very fast. It’s particularly important if you are wanting to go in the water, so bring enough dry items like sweatshirts, towels, sweatpants, and shoes.
- Avoid crowded times. It can be challenging to locate parking at many beaches in Westlake. Arriving early will help you find a good spot to park your car and the perfect place to lay your down your towel.
- Store items in a mesh bag. It may be convenient to grab a backpack, tote bag, or waterproof travel bag to store beach items such as towels, shovels, flotation devices, and Personal Flotation Devices. But these bags keep moisture from escaping, leading to mold problems or just keeping beach items from drying out.
- Only swim in the specified swimming area. If there is a ropped off swimming region it is probably dangerous to swim beyond that area. There could be hazardous objects under the water, be reserved for boaters, or is not monitored by a lifeguard.
- Keep the bugs away. If you plan on going to the beach in the morning or the evening, you should anticipate that mosquitos, sand flies, fleas and other annoying insects could ruin your experience at the beach.
- Protect your skin. Even when the sun isn’t out, it is easy to get sun burnt at the beach. Always pack enough sunscreen for the group.
- Where are the public restrooms. Restroom details are likely the last thing on your mind before you plan your beach visit. But nobody wishes to be caught in a spot when you gotta go to the restroom immediately but you can’t find one available. If you’re unable to find bathroom details on the website of the beach, you can plan on the fact that a public restroom or facility is not open. Make sure that you use the bathroom before leaving for the beach.
- Avoid Littering. Don’t contribute to the problem of garbage on the beach. When you take stuff to the beach, you are required clean up not leave anything behind. Be sure to throw away your trash in a designated waste or recycling bin.