Heading out to a beach in Westerville, OH can be made into a fun-filled adventure and has plenty of perks for yourself and your loved ones. Hanging out in the sun, floating in the water, and creating memories with your friends and family to name a few.
Finding a great swimming beach in Westerville with plenty of area for beach activities isn’t too difficult. Below is a list to help you find a beach near you. Search for the beach name, your city, or your zip code to filter results.
Beaches Near Westerville
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|1,821||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Lake Logan beach||Logan||OH||43138||GGRH+QH Logan, Ohio||39.54||-82.47||39.541929-82.471036||29704 Lake Logan Rd||4.40||42 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|7,481||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Edgewater Beach||43076||39.93||-82.41||39.925343-82.410709|
|7,480||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Fairfield Beach||43076||39.92||-82.48||39.915898-82.475156||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairfield_Beach,_Ohio|
|1,819||Beach||Fairfield Beach / South Shore||Thornville||OH||43076||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||39.92||-82.47||39.921912-82.470362||Lake Shore Dr NE||4.00||113 reviews|
|1,815||Beach||Sutton Beach (Private)||Howard||OH||43028||https://avpoa.com||(740) 397-3311||40.42||-82.35||40.415147-82.349475||Baldwin Dr||4.30||97 reviews|
|1,816||Beach||King Beach (Private)||Howard||OH||43028||https://applevalleypoa.com||(740) 397-3311||40.44||-82.34||40.440000-82.340971||King Beach Dr||4.50||92 reviews|
|1,814||Beach pavillion||Davis Beach (Private)||Howard||OH||43028||CMR2+7H Howard, Ohio||(740) 397-3311||40.44||-82.35||40.440670-82.348557||Apple Valley Lake,||4.30||61 reviews||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM|
|1,823||Park||Deer Creek State Park Beach||New Holland||OH||43145||JQ7H+6V New Holland, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||39.61||-83.22||39.613050-83.220305||14403 Crownover Mill Rd||4.30||374 reviews||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM|
|1,822||Beach||Deer Creek State Park Beach||Perry Township||OH||43143||39.62||-83.23||39.618521-83.227764||4.20||72 reviews|
|1,817||Beach||Alum Creek State Park Beach||3,000-ft.-long sand beach on Alum Creek Reservoir offering a swimming area, playground & showers.||Lewis Center||OH||43035||52RH+9M Lewis Center, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 548-4631||40.19||-82.97||40.190975-82.970781||3400 Lewis Center Rd||4.40||2,377 reviews|
|1,818||State park||Playground - Alum Creek Beach||Lewis Center||OH||43035||52RH+FH Lewis Center, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 548-4631||40.19||-82.97||40.191228-82.971120||4.70||18 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|1,811||Park||Alum Creek State Park Campground Beach||Delaware||OH||43015||62PC+9V Delaware, Ohio||40.24||-82.98||40.235898-82.977772||Unnamed Road||4.30||16 reviews|
|1,813||Dog park||Prairie Oaks Dog Beach||Hilliard||OH||43026||2P3V+4Q Hilliard, Ohio||https://metroparks.net||(614) 208-4321||40.00||-83.26||40.002829-83.255539||2755 Amity Rd||4.70||133 reviews|
|1,827||Park||West Beach||Mt Gilead||OH||43338||J6G9+JW Mt Gilead, Ohio||40.63||-82.78||40.626505-82.780127||298 Candlewood Dr|
|1,812||Park||Delaware State Park Beach||Delaware||OH||43015||9WCR+H9 Delaware, Ohio||40.37||-83.06||40.371418-83.059120||Park Rd 28||5.00||1 review|
|1,828||Beach||Richwood Lake Beach||Richwood||OH||43344||40.43||-83.30||40.433896-83.301214||101 Lynn St||4.20||54 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Most beaches in Westerville, OH are accessible for everyone, however many are on private land. Be sure to look at their website to find out if you can visit the beach without any restrictions. Frequently beaches may only stay open during certain seasons of the calendar year or for certain times of the day.
Remember to check the Westerville weather forecast for the day before you head off to the beach. Checking the weather ensures that you bring the proper clothes for the conditions and can also known when it’s time to leave.
Rules of the Beach
When you go to any beach in Westerville, there are always rules that you should follow. Just about every beach will list the following rules.
- You should always be aware that you are entering the water at your own risk, even if there is a lifeguard at attention.
- Fires could be against the law on the majority of public beaches in Westerville.
- Alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
- Only swim inside the permitted regions for beach goers.
- Glass bottles can easily shatter, so avoid bringing bottles made of glass to beaches.
- Most Westerville beaches have a curfew except for special occasions.
Westerville Beach Checklist
- Dispose of Garbage. Do not contribute to the issue of trash on the beach. Whenever you take things to the beach, you must clean up after yourself. Make sure to throw away your garbage in a designated trash or recycling bin.
- Avoid crowded times. It can be difficult to locate a parking spot at many beaches in Westerville. Arriving as early as possible can help you locate a nearby spot to park your car and the perfect spot on the beach.
- Sunscreen is extremely important. Even when the weather forecast does not call for sun be safe and still bring sunscreen – because you can get sunburned even when it isn’t sunny.
- Know if there are bathrooms. Restroom details may be the last thing on your mind when you plan your beach trip. However you don’t want to be caught in a situation where you have to find a bathroom pronto but you can’t find one nearby. If you’re unable to find restroom information on the beach’s website, you can assume that a public bathroom or porta potty is not available. Make sure that you go to the restroom before leaving for the beach.
- Bring a mesh bag for your stuff. It may be simple to use a purse, grocery bag, or waterproof travel bag to stash beach items like beach balls, shovels, flotation devices, and extra clothing. But these bags trap moisture from evaporating, leading to mildew problems or just keeping beach items from drying out.
- Insects like the beach too. If you wish to visit the beach early in the day or the evening, you will find mosquitos, biting flies, fleas and other nuisance bugs may ruin your beach experience.
- Will there be a lifeguard? Many large Westerville beaches will have a lifeguard on duty, however you should never count on a lifeguard being at the beach. On your walk to the beach, look around to see if there are lifeguard on duty signs. Sometimes they list lifeguard hours.