Going to a beach in Newark, OH can result in a fantastic adventure and has plenty of perks for yourself and your loved ones. Whether you plan to go splashing in the waves, building sandcastles, throwing the frisbee, flying a kite, fishing, or just soaking up the sun, beaches are a home for many different fun activities.
Locating a great swimming beach in Newark with plenty of space for activities on the beach isn’t too difficult. If you could use some guidance with finding a great beach in your area, you can locate a beach with our collection. Enter a beach, a city, or your zip code to find beaches.
Beaches Near Newark
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|1,914||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Burr Oak Beach||Glouster||OH||45732||GXP7+5F Glouster, Ohio||Add place's phone number||39.54||-82.04||39.535426-82.036319||5980 Odnr Rd||4.40||170 reviews|
|1,821||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Lake Logan beach||Logan||OH||43138||GGRH+QH Logan, Ohio||39.54||-82.47||39.541929-82.471036||29704 Lake Logan Rd||4.40||42 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|1,841||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Dillon State Park Beach||Falls Township||OH||43830||40.02||-82.12||40.016462-82.119285||5.00||1 review|
|1,842||Public beach||Dillon State Park Beach||Nashport||OH||43830||2V8J+H7 Nashport, Ohio||40.02||-82.12||40.016462-82.119285||4.40||118 reviews|
|1,819||Beach||Fairfield Beach / South Shore||Thornville||OH||43076||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||39.92||-82.47||39.921912-82.470362||Lake Shore Dr NE||4.00||113 reviews|
|1,815||Beach||Sutton Beach (Private)||Howard||OH||43028||https://avpoa.com||(740) 397-3311||40.42||-82.35||40.415147-82.349475||Baldwin Dr||4.30||97 reviews|
|1,816||Beach||King Beach (Private)||Howard||OH||43028||https://applevalleypoa.com||(740) 397-3311||40.44||-82.34||40.440000-82.340971||King Beach Dr||4.50||92 reviews|
|1,814||Beach pavillion||Davis Beach (Private)||Howard||OH||43028||CMR2+7H Howard, Ohio||(740) 397-3311||40.44||-82.35||40.440670-82.348557||Apple Valley Lake,||4.30||61 reviews||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM|
|1,817||Beach||Alum Creek State Park Beach||3,000-ft.-long sand beach on Alum Creek Reservoir offering a swimming area, playground & showers.||Lewis Center||OH||43035||52RH+9M Lewis Center, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 548-4631||40.19||-82.97||40.190975-82.970781||3400 Lewis Center Rd||4.40||2,377 reviews|
|1,818||State park||Playground - Alum Creek Beach||Lewis Center||OH||43035||52RH+FH Lewis Center, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 548-4631||40.19||-82.97||40.191228-82.971120||4.70||18 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|1,811||Park||Alum Creek State Park Campground Beach||Delaware||OH||43015||62PC+9V Delaware, Ohio||40.24||-82.98||40.235898-82.977772||Unnamed Road||4.30||16 reviews|
|1,827||Park||West Beach||Mt Gilead||OH||43338||J6G9+JW Mt Gilead, Ohio||40.63||-82.78||40.626505-82.780127||298 Candlewood Dr|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Remember that the weather on the beach is very different than in the city. Wind is usually colder and gusty when it’s blowing off the water.
The beach could be periodically shut down due to water quality concerns caused by temporary occurances such as elevated bacteria levels, excessive rainwater, or flooding. Check the beach’s website before leaving for the beach for updates on water quality.
Newark, OH Beach Guidelines
When you visit any beach in Newark, there are always rules that you should follow. Nearly every beach will expect you to follow these laws.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If the lifeguard tell you to stop doing something, then you have to do it.
- Do not drop trash on the beach – Take with you everything you bring with you.
- Look for signs for guidance on fires on the beach as they could be illegal or you must adhere to specific guidelines.
- Do not bring alcohol to the beach.
- Bottles made from glass can easily shatter, so don’t bring bottles made of glass to beaches.
- Always be aware that you’re swimming at your own risk, even if there is a lifeguard on duty.
Newark Beach Travel Tips
- Never Litter. Don’t be a part of the issue of garbage on beaches. Whenever you take items to the beach, you are expected clean up your garbage. Be sure that you throw away your garbage in an appropriate trash or recycling can.
- Bring a mesh bag for your stuff. It’s convenient to find a purse, tote bag, or water-resistant duffle bag to store beach necessities such as pillows, shovels, flotation devices, and lifejackets. But these types of bags keep water from escaping, causing mildew growth and keeping beach gear from airing out.
- Find some shade. If you think that finding shade will be tough, or if you suspect that there may not be many shady spots at the beach, pack your own! Bring a beach umbrella, shaded beach tent, or some sort of equipment that provides shade. Be sure that you use something that has enough ventilation.
- Remember the towels. Don’t forget to take quite a few dry towels prior to going to the beach. Bringing towels is really critical if you’re bringing young children with you or if you are thinking of getting in the water.
- Protect your skin. Even when the weather forecast doesn’t call for sun it’s important to still use sunscreen – it’s always possible to get sunburned even when it is not sunny.
- Will the beach have lifeguards? Most popular beaches in Newark staff a lifeguard on duty, however you shouldn’t count on a lifeguard being in attendance. While heading out to the beach, check to see if there are lifeguard on duty signs. Occasionally they list lifeguard patrol times.
- Arrive early. It can be difficult to locate parking at some Newark beaches. Arriving as early as you can will ensure that you locate a good place to park your car as well as the perfect place to set up shop.