Heading out to a beach in Mentor, OH can result in a fantastic day and has many perks for yourself and your friends. Getting out in the fresh air, enjoying the water, and spending quality time with your friends and family to name a few.
It is simple to locate a swimming beach in Mentor that are are within a quick drive with the help of our table of beaches. The following is a list to help you locate a beach near Mentor. Search for the beach name, a city, or a zip code to filter results.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|7,522||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Sunset Beach||44429||41.11||-80.97||41.113669-80.971757|
|7,523||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Craig Beach||44429||41.12||-80.98||41.117002-80.983425||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Beach,_Ohio|
|1,881||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Craig Beach||Lake Milton||OH||44429||https://craigbeachvillage.com||41.12||-80.98||41.120909-80.979824||4.60||326 reviews|
|1,882||Beach||Lake Milton Beach||Lake Milton||OH||44429||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(330) 766-5664||41.12||-80.98||41.122929-80.980581||2265-2299 Grandview Rd||4.40||617 reviews|
|1,877||Tourist attraction||West Branch State Park Beach||Ravenna||OH||44266||4VQW+6C Ravenna, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||41.14||-81.10||41.138030-81.103952||Esworthy Rd||4.40||511 reviews||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM|
|1,876||Dog park||Bow Wow Beach||Stow||OH||44224||5HVM+Q6 Stow, Ohio||https://stowohio.org||(330) 689-5100||41.19||-81.42||41.194418-81.416950||5027 Stow Rd||4.70||717 reviews||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||11AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM|
|1,845||Park||Walnut Beach Park||A large range of water-based & sporting activities are available at this lakeside city park.||Ashtabula||OH||44004||W52R+4R Ashtabula, Ohio||https://coastal.ohiodnr.gov||(440) 993-7036||41.90||-80.81||41.900322-80.807990||Lake Ave &, Walnut Blvd||4.50||1,029 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|1,874||Beach pavillion||Boater's Beach||Aurora||OH||44202||8JJ5+HX Aurora, Ohio||41.33||-81.39||41.331415-81.390094|
|1,875||Playground||Corey Park & Beach||Aurora||OH||44202||8JP5+6V Aurora, Ohio||41.34||-81.39||41.335581-81.390320||5.00||1 review|
|1,846||Beach||Geneva On The Lake West Site||Geneva||OH||44041||41.86||-80.98||41.857320-80.977242||4.60||322 reviews|
|1,848||Park||Breakwater Beach||Geneva||OH||44041||V24C+VR Geneva, Ohio||41.86||-80.98||41.857173-80.977924||5.00||11 reviews|
|1,847||Swimming lake||Driftwood Point beach||Geneva||OH||44041||VX3X+53 Geneva, Ohio||41.85||-81.00||41.852914-81.002315|
|1,852||Beach||Painesville On The Lake West Site||Painesville||OH||44077||https://lakemetroparks.com||(440) 354-3885||41.77||-81.23||41.767087-81.229649||Lake Rd||4.50||10 reviews|
|1,851||State park||Headlands Beach State Park||Enormous, year-round sandy beach, the largest in Ohio, popular with picnickers & swimmers.||Mentor||OH||44060||QP55+2V Mentor, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(440) 466-8400||41.76||-81.29||41.757615-81.290372||9601 Headlands Rd||4.60||1,240 reviews||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM|
|7,517||beach||Chargin Harbor Beach||44095||41.68||-81.43||41.677268-81.432613|
|7,516||beach||Chagrin Harbor Beach||44095||41.68||-81.43||41.678461-81.431676|
|1,856||Beach||Timberlake Residents Beach||Timberlake||OH||44095||https://villageoftimberlake.com||(440) 571-4246||41.67||-81.45||41.665531-81.449942||34343 Lakeshore Blvd||4.40||25 reviews|
|7,513||beach||Will O Beach||44095||41.64||-81.48||41.635405-81.480761|
|1,870||Beach||Sims Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.62||-81.52||41.616522-81.523556||4.80||26 reviews|
|1,871||Beach||Noble Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.53||41.614838-81.527736||4.70||3 reviews|
|1,872||Beach||Moss Point Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.53||41.612748-81.531936||2.30||4 reviews|
|7,521||Beach||Arcadia Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.54||41.605269-81.543102||4.30||12 reviews|
|1,869||Beach||Utopia Beach||Euclid||OH||44119||41.60||-81.54||41.603812-81.544859||4.00||5 reviews|
|1,864||Tourist attraction||Cleveland Script Sign - Euclid Beach||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCPM+GJ Cleveland, Ohio||https://thisiscleveland.com||41.59||-81.57||41.586334-81.565905||16301 Lakeshore Blvd||4.60||13 reviews|
|1,862||Park||Euclid Beach Park||Sandy shores & scenic spots, plus remnants of the historic amusement park once located here.||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCMJ+GC Cleveland, Ohio||https://euclidbeach.org||(216) 635-3200||41.58||-81.57||41.583832-81.568891||16301 Lakeshore Blvd||4.50||1,728 reviews||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM|
|1,868||Park||Euclid Beach park||Cleveland||OH||44119||HCMJ+G9 Cleveland, Ohio||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||41.58||-81.57||41.583793-81.569065||16975 Lakeshore Blvd||4.80||4 reviews|
|1,863||Beach pavillion||Euclid Beach||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCMJ+C5 Cleveland, Ohio||41.58||-81.57||41.583527-81.569619||3.70||6 reviews||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM|
|1,860||Parking lot||Edgewater Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||F7R6+2V Cleveland, Ohio||41.49||-81.74||41.490092-81.737823||7600 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway||5.00||1 review|
|1,858||Beach||Perkins Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||41.49||-81.74||41.489217-81.739577||4.40||15 reviews|
|1,857||Beach||Edgewater Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||41.49||-81.74||41.488015-81.741439||4.60||6,407 reviews|
|1,859||Park||Perkins Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||F6QX+G6 Cleveland, Ohio||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||41.49||-81.75||41.488771-81.751925||10001 Cliff Dr||5.00||4 reviews|
|1,867||Historical landmark||Rockman Beach||Rocky River||OH||44116||F59C+7X Rocky River, Ohio||41.47||-81.83||41.468188-81.827559||Valley Pkwy Trail||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|1,861||Beach||Clifton Beach||Lakewood||OH||44107||41.49||-81.83||41.490881-81.833470||2.90||27 reviews|
|1,866||Beach||Wagar Beach||Rocky River||OH||44116||41.49||-81.85||41.485693-81.851677||3.40||20 reviews|
|1,865||Beach||Parklawn Beach||Public recreation area on Lake Erie featuring an intimate stretch of sand, trees & no facilities.||Rocky River||OH||44116||41.48||-81.86||41.483660-81.860213||2.30||7 reviews|
|1,873||Beach||Huntington Beach||Bay Village||OH||44140||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||(440) 331-8111||41.49||-81.93||41.491103-81.934069||28492-28648 Lake Rd||4.50||953 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Most beaches in Mentor, OH are open for everyone, however some are private beaches. Be sure to look at their website to find out if you can visit the beach without any restrictions. Don’t be surprised if a beach you want to go to is not open due to the time of the day, closing on certain days, or the season.
The beach may be periodically closed due to water quality concerns as a result of unexpected events like bacteria, pollution, or chemical spills. Check the beach’s website before you leave for the beach for further information.
Mentor, OH Beach Rules
While different beaches in Mentor may use different guidelines on how to attend their beach, be prepared to follow these common rules for any beach in Mentor that you visit:
- Alcoholic beverages may not be permitted.
- You should always be aware that you are swimming at your own risk, even if there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Never disobey an order from the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to do something, then you have to do it.
- Don’t leave trash on the beach – Take with you what you bring with you.
- You must swim within the designated regions for swimming.
- never visit the beach when it is closed.
Mentor Beach Tips
- Know if there are porta-potties. Bathroom information may be the least of your concerns when you plan out your beach visit. However no one wants to be caught in a spot when you have to go to the bathroom immediately but there isn’t one open. If you cannot find restroom information on the beach’s website, you should assume that a public bathroom or facility is not open. Make sure you use the restroom prior to driving to the beach.
- Keep items dry. It’s easy to find a backpack, grocery bag, or waterproof travel bag to store beach items like towels, shovels, flotation devices, and Personal Flotation Devices. But these types of bags keep moisture from evaporating, leading to mildew problems or just keeping beach gear from drying out.
- Bugs like the beach too. If you want to go to the beach in the morning or the evening, there’s a good chance that mosquitos, horse flies, fleas and other nuisance bugs could be a problem.
- Protect your eyes. Too much sunlight can cause irreversible damage to your vision. Don’t be misinformed by how many clouds there are – your vision could be damaged from too much exposure to the sun. Wear high quality sunglasses that have polarization and take a hat for extra shade.
- Prepare for cold weather. Even if you’re expecting warm weather in Mentor, you should know that the temperature at the beach can change rather fast. It is particularly important if you’re wanting to go in the water, so pack plenty of dry items like sweatshirts, towels, pants, and shoes.
- Avoid crowded times. It can be difficult to locate parking at some Mentor beaches. Arriving early can help you find a good spot to park as well as a fantastic spot on the beach.
- Protect your skin. Put on your sunscreen when you arrive at the beach. Also, sunscreen does go bad over time so look at the side of the bottle for when it expires.
- Will the beach have lifeguards? Many frequently visited beaches in Mentor staff a lifeguard supervising, however you shouldn’t depend on a lifeguard being at the beach. If you have yourself, little children or others that you bringing to the beach, it is a smart idea to bring properly sized Personal Floatation Devices for those that require them, and also understand that you are entering the water at your own risk.