You’ll find a lot of excellent reasons to head out to a a beach near you. Spending time in the sun, enjoying the water, and spending quality time with your friends and family to name a few.
Locating a beautiful swimming beach in Lancaster with lots of room for beach activities isn’t too difficult. Below is a collection to help you search for a beach near you. Begin, by entering a zip code in the following box above the table.
Beaches Near Lancaster
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|1,913||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Strouds Run Beach||Athens||OH||45701||8XX6+RX Athens, Ohio||Add place's phone number||39.35||-82.04||39.349548-82.037544||12927 Strouds Run Rd||4.70||40 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|1,912||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Stroud's Run Beach||This modest lake beach in Stroud's Run State Park features swimming & a nearby boathouse.||Canaan Township||OH||45701||39.35||-82.04||39.350303-82.037734||3.80||17 reviews|
|1,914||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Burr Oak Beach||Glouster||OH||45732||GXP7+5F Glouster, Ohio||Add place's phone number||39.54||-82.04||39.535426-82.036319||5980 Odnr Rd||4.40||170 reviews|
|1,910||State park||Lake Hope Beach||New Plymouth||OH||45654||8JCV+6F New Plymouth, Ohio||39.32||-82.36||39.320534-82.356317||Park Rd 9||4.50||153 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|1,821||State park||Lake Logan beach||Logan||OH||43138||GGRH+QH Logan, Ohio||39.54||-82.47||39.541929-82.471036||29704 Lake Logan Rd||4.40||42 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|1,841||Beach||Dillon State Park Beach||Falls Township||OH||43830||40.02||-82.12||40.016462-82.119285||5.00||1 review|
|1,842||Public beach||Dillon State Park Beach||Nashport||OH||43830||2V8J+H7 Nashport, Ohio||40.02||-82.12||40.016462-82.119285||4.40||118 reviews|
|1,820||Park||Tar Hollow State Park Pine Lake Swimming Beach||Laurelville||OH||43135||96QX+9W Laurelville, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 887-4818||39.39||-82.75||39.388464-82.750148||4.40||41 reviews|
|1,819||Beach||Fairfield Beach / South Shore||Thornville||OH||43076||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||39.92||-82.47||39.921912-82.470362||Lake Shore Dr NE||4.00||113 reviews|
|1,817||Beach||Alum Creek State Park Beach||3,000-ft.-long sand beach on Alum Creek Reservoir offering a swimming area, playground & showers.||Lewis Center||OH||43035||52RH+9M Lewis Center, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 548-4631||40.19||-82.97||40.190975-82.970781||3400 Lewis Center Rd||4.40||2,377 reviews|
|1,818||State park||Playground - Alum Creek Beach||Lewis Center||OH||43035||52RH+FH Lewis Center, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 548-4631||40.19||-82.97||40.191228-82.971120||4.70||18 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|1,811||Park||Alum Creek State Park Campground Beach||Delaware||OH||43015||62PC+9V Delaware, Ohio||40.24||-82.98||40.235898-82.977772||Unnamed Road||4.30||16 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
If there has been a great deal of rainfall, flooding, or stormwater pollution recently, it may result in dangerous water quality levels. Be sure to visit the website of the beach for details regarding water quality notices.
Remember to look up the Lancaster weather forecast for today before heading off for to the beach. This helps make sure that you bring the right layers for the conditions and you will also known when you need to head home.
Lancaster, OH Beach Rules
When you go to beaches in Lancaster, there are always rules that you must follow. Nearly every beach will ask you to follow these laws:
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If the lifeguard ask you to get out of the water, then you have to do it.
- Bottles made from glass can easily shatter, so don’t take glass bottles to beaches.
- Pick up all garbage that you bring with you.
- Do not attempt to go to the beach when it’s closed.
- Even if a lifeguard is at attention, understand that you are entering the water at your own risk.
- Stay within the specified swim area.
Lancaster Beach Checklist
- Store items in a mesh bag. It’s convenient to use a backpack, tote bag, or waterproof duffle bag to store beach gear such as towels, shovels, speakersinflatables, and PFDs. However, these types of bags trap moisture from escaping, causing mildew problems and keeping beach gear from airing out.
- Insects like the beach too. If you wish to go to the beach early in the day or the evening, you’ll find mosquitos, horse flies, fleas and other nuisance bugs could be a problem.
- Bring spare towels. Fresh towels are essential for a fun time at the beach. when visiting an ocean beach or an area which sees rip tides. Learn the indicators and learn what to do if you’re caught in a rip tide.
- Prepare for cold weather. It’s common knowledge that the weather in Lancaster often changes without warning. It’s particularly necessary if you’re planning on going for a swim, so bring extra warm clothes such as a jacket, towels, sweatpants, and shirts.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty? Many frequently visited beaches in Lancaster will have a lifeguard on duty, however you shouldn’t count on a lifeguard being at the beach. On your way to the beach, look for lifeguard on duty signs. Occasionally they display lifeguard hours.
- Dispose of Garbage. No one enjoys go to a dirty beach. Whenever you take items to the beach, you must clean up not leave anything behind. Make sure to dispose of your garbage in a designated trash or recycling can.
- Get there early. Getting to your Lancaster beach early is the best way of avoiding people.
- Where are the public restrooms. Restroom locations may be the least of your concerns when you plan out your beach trip. But you don’t want to be caught in a situation where you must find a restroom pronto but you can’t find one nearby. If you cannot locate restroom information on the website of the beach, you should assume that a public bathroom or facility is not available. Try to use the restroom before heading to the beach.