Going to a beach in Lakewood, OH can result in a fun-filled day and has plenty of benefits for yourself and your loved ones. Whether you plan to go swimming, grilling on the beach, playing volleyball, having a picnic, going on walks, or simply soaking up the sun, beaches are a home to a wide range of fantastic activities.
You can discover several swimming beaches in Lakewood that are fairly close to you with the assistance of our list of beaches. Below is a list to help you find a beach near you. Search for the beach name, a city, or your zip code to get started.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|1,879||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Turkeyfoot Beach||Recreational lake for swimming & canoeing, featuring a sandy swimming beach & picnic facilities.||New Franklin||OH||44319||40.97||-81.55||40.968945-81.545397||4.50||18 reviews|
|1,878||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Portage Lakes State Park Beach||New Franklin||OH||44319||XF93+QF New Franklin, Ohio||https://ohiodnr.gov||(330) 644-2220||40.97||-81.55||40.969407-81.546252||4.50||402 reviews||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM|
|1,876||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Dog park||Bow Wow Beach||Stow||OH||44224||5HVM+Q6 Stow, Ohio||https://stowohio.org||(330) 689-5100||41.19||-81.42||41.194418-81.416950||5027 Stow Rd||4.70||717 reviews||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||11AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM|
|1,874||Beach pavillion||Boater's Beach||Aurora||OH||44202||8JJ5+HX Aurora, Ohio||41.33||-81.39||41.331415-81.390094|
|1,875||Playground||Corey Park & Beach||Aurora||OH||44202||8JP5+6V Aurora, Ohio||41.34||-81.39||41.335581-81.390320||5.00||1 review|
|1,852||Beach||Painesville On The Lake West Site||Painesville||OH||44077||https://lakemetroparks.com||(440) 354-3885||41.77||-81.23||41.767087-81.229649||Lake Rd||4.50||10 reviews|
|1,851||State park||Headlands Beach State Park||Enormous, year-round sandy beach, the largest in Ohio, popular with picnickers & swimmers.||Mentor||OH||44060||QP55+2V Mentor, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(440) 466-8400||41.76||-81.29||41.757615-81.290372||9601 Headlands Rd||4.60||1,240 reviews||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM|
|7,517||beach||Chargin Harbor Beach||44095||41.68||-81.43||41.677268-81.432613|
|7,516||beach||Chagrin Harbor Beach||44095||41.68||-81.43||41.678461-81.431676|
|1,856||Beach||Timberlake Residents Beach||Timberlake||OH||44095||https://villageoftimberlake.com||(440) 571-4246||41.67||-81.45||41.665531-81.449942||34343 Lakeshore Blvd||4.40||25 reviews|
|7,513||beach||Will O Beach||44095||41.64||-81.48||41.635405-81.480761|
|1,870||Beach||Sims Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.62||-81.52||41.616522-81.523556||4.80||26 reviews|
|1,871||Beach||Noble Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.53||41.614838-81.527736||4.70||3 reviews|
|1,872||Beach||Moss Point Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.53||41.612748-81.531936||2.30||4 reviews|
|7,521||Beach||Arcadia Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.54||41.605269-81.543102||4.30||12 reviews|
|1,869||Beach||Utopia Beach||Euclid||OH||44119||41.60||-81.54||41.603812-81.544859||4.00||5 reviews|
|1,864||Tourist attraction||Cleveland Script Sign - Euclid Beach||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCPM+GJ Cleveland, Ohio||https://thisiscleveland.com||41.59||-81.57||41.586334-81.565905||16301 Lakeshore Blvd||4.60||13 reviews|
|1,862||Park||Euclid Beach Park||Sandy shores & scenic spots, plus remnants of the historic amusement park once located here.||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCMJ+GC Cleveland, Ohio||https://euclidbeach.org||(216) 635-3200||41.58||-81.57||41.583832-81.568891||16301 Lakeshore Blvd||4.50||1,728 reviews||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM|
|1,868||Park||Euclid Beach park||Cleveland||OH||44119||HCMJ+G9 Cleveland, Ohio||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||41.58||-81.57||41.583793-81.569065||16975 Lakeshore Blvd||4.80||4 reviews|
|1,863||Beach pavillion||Euclid Beach||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCMJ+C5 Cleveland, Ohio||41.58||-81.57||41.583527-81.569619||3.70||6 reviews||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM|
|1,860||Parking lot||Edgewater Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||F7R6+2V Cleveland, Ohio||41.49||-81.74||41.490092-81.737823||7600 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway||5.00||1 review|
|1,858||Beach||Perkins Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||41.49||-81.74||41.489217-81.739577||4.40||15 reviews|
|1,857||Beach||Edgewater Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||41.49||-81.74||41.488015-81.741439||4.60||6,407 reviews|
|1,859||Park||Perkins Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||F6QX+G6 Cleveland, Ohio||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||41.49||-81.75||41.488771-81.751925||10001 Cliff Dr||5.00||4 reviews|
|1,867||Historical landmark||Rockman Beach||Rocky River||OH||44116||F59C+7X Rocky River, Ohio||41.47||-81.83||41.468188-81.827559||Valley Pkwy Trail||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|1,861||Beach||Clifton Beach||Lakewood||OH||44107||41.49||-81.83||41.490881-81.833470||2.90||27 reviews|
|1,866||Beach||Wagar Beach||Rocky River||OH||44116||41.49||-81.85||41.485693-81.851677||3.40||20 reviews|
|1,865||Beach||Parklawn Beach||Public recreation area on Lake Erie featuring an intimate stretch of sand, trees & no facilities.||Rocky River||OH||44116||41.48||-81.86||41.483660-81.860213||2.30||7 reviews|
|1,873||Beach||Huntington Beach||Bay Village||OH||44140||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||(440) 331-8111||41.49||-81.93||41.491103-81.934069||28492-28648 Lake Rd||4.50||953 reviews|
|1,850||Park||Chelsea Beach||Lorain||OH||44052||FRFH+85 Lorain, Ohio||41.47||-82.17||41.473368-82.172045||401 Lakeside Ave||5.00||1 review|
|1,849||Beach||Lakeview Beach||Ohio 44052||OH||44052||41.46||-82.20||41.464032-82.195324||4.60||313 reviews|
|1,855||Beach pavillion||Main Street Beach||Vermilion||OH||44089||CJGM+2H Vermilion, Ohio||(440) 204-2400||41.43||-82.37||41.425057-82.366033||Main St||4.30||6 reviews||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM|
|1,853||Beach||Main Street Beach||Lake beach for swimming, fishing & bird watching, also featuring a kayak/canoe launch & concessions.||Vermilion||OH||44089||41.43||-82.37||41.425044-82.366274||4.70||53 reviews|
|1,854||Beach||Edson Creek OH||Vermilion||OH||44089||41.42||-82.37||41.422270-82.371562||Liberty Ave||5.00||2 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Prior to going to a beach in Lakewood, OH or the surrounding location, verify on their website to be sure that it is free to the greater public. Quite often, beaches may only stay open during specific seasons of the year or during specific hours throughout the day.
If regions around Lakewood have experienced a great deal of rainfall, flooding, or thunderstorms recently, it may create bad water quality levels. Be sure you take a look at the website of the beach for information about water quality notices.
Rules of the Beach
While each beach in Lakewood will have various rules on how to use the beach, prepare to listen to the following rules for any beach in Lakewood that you attend.
- Pick up after yourself.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If they tell you to get out of the water, then you must do it.
- Building a fire could be illegal on the majority of public Lakewood beaches.
- Do not go beyond the swimming region.
- Do not attempt to visit the beach when it’s closed.
- Always assume you’re swimming at your own risk, regardless if there’s a lifeguard nearby.
Lakewood Beach Tips
- Don’t swim beyond the designated swimming area. If there is a specified swimming region it is likely dangerous to venture beyond the space. There could be dangerous objects under the water, be frequented by watercraft, or is unmonitored by lifeguards.
- Avoid crowded times. Getting to your Lakewood beach early is the best way of getting the perfect spot on the beach.
- Store items in a mesh bag. It may be easy to find a backpack, grocery bag, or waterproof travel bag to store beach gear such as beach towels, shovels, a speakerinflatables, and spare clothes. But these bags keep moisture from escaping, causing mold growth and keeping beach items from airing out.
- Will there be a lifeguard? Most frequently visited beaches in Lakewood staff a lifeguard around, however you shouldn’t assume that a lifeguard being in attendance. If you have yourself, young children or anyone else that you will be swimming with, it’s a smart idea to bring correctly sized life jackets for anoyone who need them, and also know that you are swimming at your own risk.
- Remember extra clothing. Everyone knows that the temperature in Lakewood often changes without warning. This is particularly necessary if you’re wanting to go swimming, so bring plenty of warm clothes such as a jacket, blankets, sweatpants, and a hat.
- Grab some shade. If you know that locating shade may be hard to come by, or if you think that there may not be too many shady spots available, pack your own! Bring a beach umbrella, shaded beach tent, or some sort of equipment that blocks sunlight. It’s best to bring equipment that provides good ventilation.
- Don’t get a sunburn. Nothing can ruin a day at the beach like a sun burn, so don’t forget the sunscreen. Ask someone else to help with difficult to reach places.