Going to a beach in Kettering, OH can result in a excellent adventure and has many perks for yourself and your friends. Getting outside in the open, swimming in the water, and spending quality time with your friends and family are a few examples.
You can discover several swimming beaches in Kettering that are near your location with the help of our list of beaches. The following is a collection to help you find a beach near you. Enter a beach, a city, or your zip code to filter results.
Beaches Near Kettering
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|1,895||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||East Beach||Perry Township||OH||45118||39.19||-83.97||39.186223-83.967109||5.00||1 review|
|1,896||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||West Beach||Perry Township||OH||45118||39.19||-83.97||39.187246-83.969672||3.60||5 reviews|
|1,901||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Public beach||Cowan Lake Kayak Launch||Wilmington||OH||45177||94J6+H5 Wilmington, Ohio||Add place's phone number||39.38||-83.89||39.381381-83.889609||Yankee Rd||4.50||40 reviews|
|1,900||Beach pavillion||Cowan Lake Public Beach||Wilmington||OH||45177||93JX+GX Wilmington, Ohio||https://cowanlakestatepark.com||(513) 897-3055||39.38||-83.90||39.381268-83.900097||Unnamed Road||4.20||35 reviews|
|1,903||Beach pavillion||Cowan Lake Public Beach||Wilmington||OH||45177||93JX+GW Wilmington, Ohio||https://cowanlakestatepark.com||(513) 897-3055||39.38||-83.90||39.381255-83.900201||Unnamed Road||4.20||36 reviews|
|1,902||Park||Cowan Lake Small Beach||Vernon Township||OH||45177||94R2+6V Wilmington, Ohio||39.39||-83.90||39.390569-83.897817|
|1,904||Dog park||Dog Beach||Cincinnati||OH||45226||4H8X+CR Cincinnati, Ohio||https://greatparks.org||Add place's phone number||39.12||-84.40||39.116037-84.400485||Armleder Road||4.50||32 reviews|
|1,797||Park||Bellevue Beach Park||Bellevue||KY||41073||4G58+XH Bellevue, Kentucky||39.11||-84.48||39.109954-84.483514||643-665 Frank Benke Way||4.60||406 reviews||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM|
|1,908||State park||Buck Creek State Park Beach||Springfield||OH||45502||W7X8+W2 Springfield, Ohio||39.95||-83.73||39.949809-83.734952||2.2003E+16||4.50||127 reviews||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM|
|1,907||Tourist attraction||Fossil Beach||Staunton Township||OH||45373||XRGJ+4R Tipp City, Ohio||39.98||-84.17||39.975344-84.167905|
|1,893||Dog park||Hueston Woods Dog Beach||College Corner||OH||45003||H6FV+VV College Corner, Ohio||Add place's phone number||39.57||-84.76||39.574701-84.755348||Unnamed Road||3.70||6 reviews|
|1,906||Swimming lake||Wayne Lakes Beach||Greenville||OH||45331||287M+CR Greenville, Ohio||https://wayne-lakes-beach.edan.io||(937) 547-1033||40.01||-84.67||40.013607-84.665489||1180 Main Dr||4.10||29 reviews||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM|
|1,905||Swimming lake||Wayne Lakes Beach||Greenville||OH||45331||287M+HH Greenville, Ohio||https://wayne-lakes-beach.edan.io||(937) 547-1033||40.01||-84.67||40.013924-84.666079||1180 Main Dr||4.00||28 reviews||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Remember to check the Kettering weather forecast for the day before you leave for to the beach. This helps make sure that you pack the right clothes for the conditions and can also known when it’s time to head home.
If areas around Kettering have seen a great deal of rain, blocked sewage drains, or stormwater pollution over the past few days, it can impact water quality levels. Be sure to visit the website of the beach for details about water quality closings.
Kettering, OH Beach Rules
When you go to any beach in Kettering, there are always rules that you must follow. Nearly every beach will expect you to follow these guidelines.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If the lifeguard tell you to get out of the water, then you have to follow through.
- Building a fire may not be allowed on the majority of public Kettering beaches.
- Most Kettering beaches have curfews except for certain holidays.
- You should always assume you’re swimming at your own risk, even if there is a lifeguard nearby.
- Do not leave trash on the ground – Take with you what you pack in.
- Glass bottles can easily break, so don’t take glass bottles to beaches.
Kettering Beach Checklist
- Know that there are bathrooms. Bathroom locations may be the least of your concerns when you plan your beach visit. However you don’t want to be stuck in a situation where you gotta find a restroom fast but you can’t find one in sight. If you’re unable to find bathroom information on the website of the beach, you should assume that a public restroom or porta potty isn’t open. Try to go to the bathroom before leaving for the beach.
- Get there early. It can be tough to locate parking at some Kettering beaches. Getting there early will help you find a nearby place to park your car and a great place to set up shop.
- Get away from the sunlight. If you suspect that locating shade may be tough, or if you know that there may not be many shady spots around, bring your own! Bring a beach umbrella, shaded tent, or similar equipment that blocks sunlight. Be sure that you use equipment that provides enough ventilation.
- Prepare for cold weather. Everyone knows that weather in Kettering will change at a moment’s notice. It’s particularly necessary if you’re planning on going swimming, so bring plenty of warm items including sweaters, blankets, windbreakers, and a hat.
- Rip tides. This may not be on your mind if you want to visit a beach on a small lake, but rip tides deserve a great deal of thought go to an ocean beach or an area that has frequent rip tides. Learn the indicators and learn how to survive if you’re caught in a rip tide.
- Keep items dry. It may be easy to find a backpack, grocery bag, or waterproof travel bag to store beach items such as pillows, shovels, tents, and Personal Flotation Devices. However, these types of bags trap moisture from leaving, leading to mold growth and keeping beach essentials from airing out.
- Bring sunglasses. Too much sun can cause long-lasting vision damage. Even if there’s clouds in the skyy, bright sand and water can redirect UV rays back towards your eyes. Pick high quality sunglasses with polarized lenses and bring a sunhat for further protection.