There are a lot of good reasons to go to a a beach near you. Hanging out in the sun, floating in the water, and spending quality time with your friends and family are some examples.
It’s easy to find a swimming beach in Elyria that are near your location with the help of our table of beaches. If you could use some guidance with locating a beach near your location, then use our list below. Enter the beach name, your city, or a zip code to filter results.
Most beaches in Elyria, OH are accessible for everyone but some are private beaches. You should look at the beach’s website to find out if it’s possible to visit the beach without any restrictions. Frequently beaches will only stay open during certain times of the year or for specific hours throughout the day.
Remember to look up the Elyria weather forecast for today before you head off to the beach. This ensures that you bring the proper clothes for the conditions and can also known the best time to leave.
Elyria, OH Beach Rules
While each beach in Elyria may have conflicting guidelines for using the beach, you should expect to adhere to these common guidelines for every beach in Elyria that you attend:
- Alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
- Pick up any garbage that you bring to the beach.
- Building a fire could be illegal on the majority of public beaches in Elyria.
- Never disobey an order from the lifeguard on duty. If they tell you to stop doing something, then you have to follow through.
- Even if the lifeguard is nearby, know that you are entering the water at your own risk.
- You must swim inside the designated areas for swimming.
Elyria Beach Tips
- Always stay in the specified swim area. If there’s a designated swim space it is probably unsafe to venture outside of that space. The area may have sharp objects under the water, be frequented by boaters, or is not supervised by a lifeguard.
- Bring plenty of towels. Don’t forget to bring a bunch of fresh towels prior to leaving for the beach. when visiting beach on the ocean or a large body of water which sees rip tides. Pay attention to the warning signs and learn what to do if you’re stuck in a rip tide.
- Bring a mesh bag for your stuff. It may be convenient to find a backpack, tote bag, or waterproof travel bag to store beach necessities like towels, shovels, flotation devices, and Personal Flotation Devices. But these bags keep water from escaping, leading to mildew growth or just keeping beach items from airing out.
- Bring the proper sunscreen. Pack sunscreen that is waterproof if you’re thinking of going in the water. The sunscreen must be re-applied each time you dry off to stay protected.
- Bring plenty of layers. It’s common knowledge that the temperature in Elyria often changes with no warning. This is particularly important if you’re planning on going for a swim, so pack plenty of warm clothes such as sweatshirts, towels, windbreakers, and a hat.
- Avoid the crowds. It can be challenging to find parking at many beaches in Elyria. Getting there early can help you find a nearby place to park and a great place to lay your down your towel.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty? Most large Elyria beaches will have a lifeguard around, however do not assume that a lifeguard being at the beach. While walking to the beach, check to see if there are lifeguard on duty signs. Sometimes they display lifeguard patrol times.
- Keep the bugs away. If you plan on going to the beach in the morning or the evening, there’s a good chance that mosquitos, horse flies, beach hoppers and other annoying insects may be a problem.