Going to a beach in Delaware, OH can result in a fantastic day and has many perks for you and your loved ones. Hanging out in the sun, swimming in the water, and creating memories with your family and friends to name a few.
Locating a great swimming beach in Delaware with lots of area for activities on the beach is easy. If you need some assistance with searching for a beach in your area, you can use our table below. Get started, by entering your zip code in the following search box below.
Beaches Near Delaware
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|7,480||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Fairfield Beach||43076||39.92||-82.48||39.915898-82.475156||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairfield_Beach,_Ohio|
|1,819||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Fairfield Beach / South Shore||Thornville||OH||43076||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||39.92||-82.47||39.921912-82.470362||Lake Shore Dr NE||4.00||113 reviews|
|7,482||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Shell Beach||43076||39.92||-82.49||39.920342-82.486545|
|1,817||Beach||Alum Creek State Park Beach||3,000-ft.-long sand beach on Alum Creek Reservoir offering a swimming area, playground & showers.||Lewis Center||OH||43035||52RH+9M Lewis Center, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 548-4631||40.19||-82.97||40.190975-82.970781||3400 Lewis Center Rd||4.40||2,377 reviews|
|1,818||State park||Playground - Alum Creek Beach||Lewis Center||OH||43035||52RH+FH Lewis Center, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(740) 548-4631||40.19||-82.97||40.191228-82.971120||4.70||18 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|1,811||Park||Alum Creek State Park Campground Beach||Delaware||OH||43015||62PC+9V Delaware, Ohio||40.24||-82.98||40.235898-82.977772||Unnamed Road||4.30||16 reviews|
|1,813||Dog park||Prairie Oaks Dog Beach||Hilliard||OH||43026||2P3V+4Q Hilliard, Ohio||https://metroparks.net||(614) 208-4321||40.00||-83.26||40.002829-83.255539||2755 Amity Rd||4.70||133 reviews|
|1,827||Park||West Beach||Mt Gilead||OH||43338||J6G9+JW Mt Gilead, Ohio||40.63||-82.78||40.626505-82.780127||298 Candlewood Dr|
|1,812||Park||Delaware State Park Beach||Delaware||OH||43015||9WCR+H9 Delaware, Ohio||40.37||-83.06||40.371418-83.059120||Park Rd 28||5.00||1 review|
|1,828||Beach||Richwood Lake Beach||Richwood||OH||43344||40.43||-83.30||40.433896-83.301214||101 Lynn St||4.20||54 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Before heading out to a beach in Delaware, OH or the surrounding area, check on Google to make sure that it is free to the public. You shouldn’t be shocked if a beach you want to go to is not open because of their daily hours, closing on certain days, or seasonality.
The beach could be periodically closed due to water quality problems as a result of temporary occurances like elevated bacteria levels, excessive rainwater, or chemical spills. Review the beach’s website before going to the beach for further information.
Delaware, OH Beach Guidelines
While different beaches in Delaware may have various guidelines on how to attend the beach, prepare to follow the following guidelines for every beach in Delaware that you visit.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If the lifeguard ask you to get out of the water, then you must follow through.
- Even if a lifeguard is on duty, understand that you’re swimming at risk to yourself.
- All container made of glass cannot be brought to beaches.
- Most Delaware beaches have curfews with the exception for special occasions.
- Don’t forget, if you bring an object with you, you’re obligated to clean up after yourself.
- Fires may not be allowed on most public Delaware beaches.
Delaware Beach Tips
- Pack the right sunscreen. Pack sunscreen that is waterproof if you are planning on getting wet. It must be re-applied whenever you leave the water to stay protected.
- Grab a shady spot. If you know that locating shade could be hard to come by, or if you suspect that there probably will not be too many shady areas at the beach, bring your own shade! Bring a beach umbrella, shaded beach tent, or some sort of equipment that provides shade. It’s best to use something that has great airflow.
- Keep items dry. It may be convenient to use a backpack, tote bag, or waterproof travel bag to store beach gear like pillows, buckets, a speakerinflatables, and snorkeling gear. However, these types of bags keep water from leaving, leading to mildew growth or just keeping beach essentials from airing out.
- Dispose of Trash. No one likes to visit a garbage filled beach. If you take something to the beach, you should clean up after yourself. Make sure that you throw away your garbage in an appropriate trash or recycling can.
- Rip tides. This may not be an important consideration if you’re planning to go to a beach on a lake or river, but rip tides must be a major concern go to an ocean beach or a large body of water which sees rip tides. Pay attention to the indicators and know how to escape if you are caught in a rip tide.
- Prepare for cold weather. Even if you are expecting a hot day in Delaware, it’s important to know that the weather at the beach can change very quickly. This is particularly necessary if you are wanting to go swimming, so bring extra warm clothes including sweaters, blankets, sweatpants, and a hat.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty? Many sizeable Delaware beaches will have a lifeguard on duty, however you should never assume that a lifeguard being in attendance. While walking to the beach, check to see if there are beach warning signs. Sometimes they list lifeguard hours.