You will find plenty of terrific reasons to visit a beach in your area. Spending time in the sun, enjoying the water, and creating memories with your friends and family are some examples.
It’s easy to find a swimming beach in Dayton that are fairly close to you with the assistance of our table of beaches. Below is a list to help you search for a beach close to Dayton. Begin, by entering a zip code in the following search box below.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|1,895||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||East Beach||Perry Township||OH||45118||39.19||-83.97||39.186223-83.967109||5.00||1 review|
|1,896||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||West Beach||Perry Township||OH||45118||39.19||-83.97||39.187246-83.969672||3.60||5 reviews|
|1,901||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Public beach||Cowan Lake Kayak Launch||Wilmington||OH||45177||94J6+H5 Wilmington, Ohio||Add place's phone number||39.38||-83.89||39.381381-83.889609||Yankee Rd||4.50||40 reviews|
|1,900||Beach pavillion||Cowan Lake Public Beach||Wilmington||OH||45177||93JX+GX Wilmington, Ohio||https://cowanlakestatepark.com||(513) 897-3055||39.38||-83.90||39.381268-83.900097||Unnamed Road||4.20||35 reviews|
|1,903||Beach pavillion||Cowan Lake Public Beach||Wilmington||OH||45177||93JX+GW Wilmington, Ohio||https://cowanlakestatepark.com||(513) 897-3055||39.38||-83.90||39.381255-83.900201||Unnamed Road||4.20||36 reviews|
|1,902||Park||Cowan Lake Small Beach||Vernon Township||OH||45177||94R2+6V Wilmington, Ohio||39.39||-83.90||39.390569-83.897817|
|1,908||State park||Buck Creek State Park Beach||Springfield||OH||45502||W7X8+W2 Springfield, Ohio||39.95||-83.73||39.949809-83.734952||2.2003E+16||4.50||127 reviews||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM|
|1,892||Beach||Long Island Beach||Whitewater Township||OH||45002||39.18||-84.79||39.182279-84.791061||2.60||5 reviews|
|1,907||Tourist attraction||Fossil Beach||Staunton Township||OH||45373||XRGJ+4R Tipp City, Ohio||39.98||-84.17||39.975344-84.167905|
|1,893||Dog park||Hueston Woods Dog Beach||College Corner||OH||45003||H6FV+VV College Corner, Ohio||Add place's phone number||39.57||-84.76||39.574701-84.755348||Unnamed Road||3.70||6 reviews|
|1,906||Swimming lake||Wayne Lakes Beach||Greenville||OH||45331||287M+CR Greenville, Ohio||https://wayne-lakes-beach.edan.io||(937) 547-1033||40.01||-84.67||40.013607-84.665489||1180 Main Dr||4.10||29 reviews||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM|
|1,905||Swimming lake||Wayne Lakes Beach||Greenville||OH||45331||287M+HH Greenville, Ohio||https://wayne-lakes-beach.edan.io||(937) 547-1033||40.01||-84.67||40.013924-84.666079||1180 Main Dr||4.00||28 reviews||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM||1PM–4AM|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
The weather at beaches in Dayton can be unpredictible, so it’s important for you to schedule your trip based on the weather.
If there has been a great deal of rainfall, flooding, or stormwater pollution over the past few days, it can hurt water quality levels. Make sure you take a look at the website of the beach for information about water quality alerts.
Rules of the Beach
While each beach in Dayton may have different guidelines on how to attend their beach, be prepared to abide to these common guidelines for every beach in Dayton that you attend.
- Just about all beaches in Dayton have a curfew with the exception for specific dates.
- Always understand you are swimming at your own risk, even if there’s a lifeguard nearby.
- Don’t forget, if you take an object to the beach, you’re required to not leave anything behind.
- Do not swim beyond the swimming area.
- Never disobey an order from the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to do something, then you must do it.
- Don’t bring alcohol to the beach.
Dayton Beach Checklist
- Bring enough layers. It’s common knowledge that the weather in Dayton can change on a moment’s notice. This is especially necessary if you are planning on going in the water, so bring enough dry items like sweatshirts, towels, windbreakers, and socks.
- Avoid crowded times. Beaches in Dayton will be busy, especially during weekends in the summer. Try to get there before the crowds get there if possible.
- Know if there are porta-potties. Restroom locations are probably the least of your concerns when you plan out your beach visit. But no one wants to be caught in a spot where you have to find a restroom soon but you can’t find one in sight. If you’re unable to locate bathroom information on the website of the beach, you can assume that a public restroom or porta potty isn’t available. Make sure that you go to the bathroom before leaving for the beach.
- Will the beach have lifeguards? Most sizeable Dayton beaches staff a lifeguard around, however do not assume that a lifeguard being at the beach. While heading out to the beach, search for beach warning signs. Occasionally they list lifeguard patrol times.
- Pick Up Garbage. No one likes to visit a dirty beach. If you take items to the beach, you are required clean up collect your items. Be sure to dispose of your trash in an appropriate trash or recycling bin.
- Watch out for bugs. If you want to go to the beach early in the day or the evening, there’s a decent chance that mosquitos, sand flies, beach hoppers and other annoying bugs may be an issue.
- Grab some shade. If you know that finding a shady spot may be hard to come by, or if you think that there likely won’t be many shady spots around, pack your own shade! Use a beach umbrella, pop up beach tent, or similar equipment that blocks sunlight. It’s best to use something that has great air-flow.