Going to a beach in Cleveland, OH can turn into a fantastic day and has many benefits for yourself and your loved ones. Spending time splashing in the waves, building sandcastles, throwing the frisbee, flying a kite, going on walks, or just getting a tan, beaches are a host to many different exciting activities.
Finding a beautiful swimming beach in Cleveland with plenty of area for activities on the beach isn’t hard. Below is a collection to help you locate a beach near Cleveland. Get started, by entering your zip code in the displayed search box above the table.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|1,877||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Tourist attraction||West Branch State Park Beach||Ravenna||OH||44266||4VQW+6C Ravenna, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||41.14||-81.10||41.138030-81.103952||Esworthy Rd||4.40||511 reviews||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM||6AM–10PM|
|1,879||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Turkeyfoot Beach||Recreational lake for swimming & canoeing, featuring a sandy swimming beach & picnic facilities.||New Franklin||OH||44319||40.97||-81.55||40.968945-81.545397||4.50||18 reviews|
|1,878||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Portage Lakes State Park Beach||New Franklin||OH||44319||XF93+QF New Franklin, Ohio||https://ohiodnr.gov||(330) 644-2220||40.97||-81.55||40.969407-81.546252||4.50||402 reviews||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM|
|1,876||Dog park||Bow Wow Beach||Stow||OH||44224||5HVM+Q6 Stow, Ohio||https://stowohio.org||(330) 689-5100||41.19||-81.42||41.194418-81.416950||5027 Stow Rd||4.70||717 reviews||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||11AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM|
|1,874||Beach pavillion||Boater's Beach||Aurora||OH||44202||8JJ5+HX Aurora, Ohio||41.33||-81.39||41.331415-81.390094|
|1,875||Playground||Corey Park & Beach||Aurora||OH||44202||8JP5+6V Aurora, Ohio||41.34||-81.39||41.335581-81.390320||5.00||1 review|
|1,852||Beach||Painesville On The Lake West Site||Painesville||OH||44077||https://lakemetroparks.com||(440) 354-3885||41.77||-81.23||41.767087-81.229649||Lake Rd||4.50||10 reviews|
|1,851||State park||Headlands Beach State Park||Enormous, year-round sandy beach, the largest in Ohio, popular with picnickers & swimmers.||Mentor||OH||44060||QP55+2V Mentor, Ohio||https://parks.ohiodnr.gov||(440) 466-8400||41.76||-81.29||41.757615-81.290372||9601 Headlands Rd||4.60||1,240 reviews||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM||8AM–5PM|
|7,517||beach||Chargin Harbor Beach||44095||41.68||-81.43||41.677268-81.432613|
|7,516||beach||Chagrin Harbor Beach||44095||41.68||-81.43||41.678461-81.431676|
|1,856||Beach||Timberlake Residents Beach||Timberlake||OH||44095||https://villageoftimberlake.com||(440) 571-4246||41.67||-81.45||41.665531-81.449942||34343 Lakeshore Blvd||4.40||25 reviews|
|7,513||beach||Will O Beach||44095||41.64||-81.48||41.635405-81.480761|
|1,870||Beach||Sims Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.62||-81.52||41.616522-81.523556||4.80||26 reviews|
|1,871||Beach||Noble Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.53||41.614838-81.527736||4.70||3 reviews|
|1,872||Beach||Moss Point Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.53||41.612748-81.531936||2.30||4 reviews|
|7,521||Beach||Arcadia Beach||Euclid||OH||44123||41.61||-81.54||41.605269-81.543102||4.30||12 reviews|
|1,869||Beach||Utopia Beach||Euclid||OH||44119||41.60||-81.54||41.603812-81.544859||4.00||5 reviews|
|1,864||Tourist attraction||Cleveland Script Sign - Euclid Beach||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCPM+GJ Cleveland, Ohio||https://thisiscleveland.com||41.59||-81.57||41.586334-81.565905||16301 Lakeshore Blvd||4.60||13 reviews|
|1,862||Park||Euclid Beach Park||Sandy shores & scenic spots, plus remnants of the historic amusement park once located here.||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCMJ+GC Cleveland, Ohio||https://euclidbeach.org||(216) 635-3200||41.58||-81.57||41.583832-81.568891||16301 Lakeshore Blvd||4.50||1,728 reviews||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM||5AM–10PM|
|1,868||Park||Euclid Beach park||Cleveland||OH||44119||HCMJ+G9 Cleveland, Ohio||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||41.58||-81.57||41.583793-81.569065||16975 Lakeshore Blvd||4.80||4 reviews|
|1,863||Beach pavillion||Euclid Beach||Cleveland||OH||44110||HCMJ+C5 Cleveland, Ohio||41.58||-81.57||41.583527-81.569619||3.70||6 reviews||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM|
|1,860||Parking lot||Edgewater Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||F7R6+2V Cleveland, Ohio||41.49||-81.74||41.490092-81.737823||7600 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway||5.00||1 review|
|1,858||Beach||Perkins Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||41.49||-81.74||41.489217-81.739577||4.40||15 reviews|
|1,857||Beach||Edgewater Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||41.49||-81.74||41.488015-81.741439||4.60||6,407 reviews|
|1,859||Park||Perkins Beach||Cleveland||OH||44102||F6QX+G6 Cleveland, Ohio||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||41.49||-81.75||41.488771-81.751925||10001 Cliff Dr||5.00||4 reviews|
|1,867||Historical landmark||Rockman Beach||Rocky River||OH||44116||F59C+7X Rocky River, Ohio||41.47||-81.83||41.468188-81.827559||Valley Pkwy Trail||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|1,861||Beach||Clifton Beach||Lakewood||OH||44107||41.49||-81.83||41.490881-81.833470||2.90||27 reviews|
|1,866||Beach||Wagar Beach||Rocky River||OH||44116||41.49||-81.85||41.485693-81.851677||3.40||20 reviews|
|1,865||Beach||Parklawn Beach||Public recreation area on Lake Erie featuring an intimate stretch of sand, trees & no facilities.||Rocky River||OH||44116||41.48||-81.86||41.483660-81.860213||2.30||7 reviews|
|1,873||Beach||Huntington Beach||Bay Village||OH||44140||https://clevelandmetroparks.com||(440) 331-8111||41.49||-81.93||41.491103-81.934069||28492-28648 Lake Rd||4.50||953 reviews|
|1,850||Park||Chelsea Beach||Lorain||OH||44052||FRFH+85 Lorain, Ohio||41.47||-82.17||41.473368-82.172045||401 Lakeside Ave||5.00||1 review|
|1,849||Beach||Lakeview Beach||Ohio 44052||OH||44052||41.46||-82.20||41.464032-82.195324||4.60||313 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Remember that the weather on the beach is very different than in the city. Wind is usually stronger and unpredictible whenever it is coming onto the beach.
If areas around Cleveland have seen lots of rain, flooding, or stormwater pollution recently, it can result in dangerous water quality levels. Make sure to visit the beach’s website for information about water quality closings.
Rules of the Beach
While different beaches in Cleveland will use unique guidelines on how to use the beach, be prepared to follow these common guidelines for every beach in Cleveland that you visit:
- Never disobey an order from the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to do something, then you must do it.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Always know that you are swimming at your own risk, regardless if there is a lifeguard at attention.
- Glass bottles can easily shatter, so don’t take bottles made of glass to beaches.
- You must swim within the designated areas for beach goers.
- Only visit the beach when it is open.
Cleveland Beach Tips
- Will there be a lifeguard? Many sizeable Cleveland beaches staff a lifeguard around, however do not assume that a lifeguard being at the beach. If you are concerned about yourself, little children or anyone else that you are swimming with, it is a smart idea to pack correctly fitted PFDs for those that require them, and also understand that you are entering the water at your own risk.
- Watching out for rip tides. Rip tides are not on your mind if you’re wanting to go to beaches on a lake or river, however rip tides should be a cause for concern go to beach on the ocean or an area which sees rip tides. Learn the warning signs and know what to do if you are stuck in one.
- Only swim in the specified swimming region. If there is a specified swimming region it is likely unsafe to venture outside of the area. The area may have hazardous objects under the surface, be reserved for boaters, or is not supervised by a lifeguard.
- Watch out for bugs. If you plan on going to the beach early in the day or the evening, you’ll find mosquitos, horse flies, beach hoppers and other nuisance bugs may cause an issue.
- Avoid Littering. It is not enjoyable to spend a day at a dirty beach. When you bring items to the beach, you should pick up not leave anything behind. Be sure that you dispose of your trash in an appropriate waste or recycling can.
- Bring spare towels. Don’t forget to bring many fresh towels prior to leaving for the beach. Bringing towels is really necessary if you’re taking young children with you or if you are thinking of getting in the water.
- Keep items dry. It’s convenient to grab a purse, tote bag, or water-resistant duffle bag to stash beach necessities like pillows, buckets, flotation devices, and extra clothing. However, these bags keep water from leaving, causing mildew problems and keeping beach essentials from drying out.