You will discover plenty of terrific reasons to visit a beach near you. Spending time in the sun, floating in the water, and creating memories with your friends and family are some examples.
Locating a great swimming beach in Utica with plenty of area for beach activities isn’t too difficult. If you need some guidance with searching for a beach near your location, you can use our table below. Search for a beach, a city, or your zip code to get started.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|367||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach pavillion||Glimmerglass State Park Beach||Cooperstown||NY||13326||Q4RJ+CC Cooperstown, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||42.79||-74.87||42.791073-74.868966||Glimmerglass State Park||4.70||49 reviews|
|369||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Park||Bakers Beach||Richfield Springs||NY||13439||RXHR+6J Richfield Springs, New Y||https://townofrichfieldny.com||(315) 858-8809||42.83||-75.01||42.828112-75.008441||4.00||1 review|
|364||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Verona Beach State Park||Scenic picnic & camping areas on Oneida Lake, plus trails through secluded wetlands & woodlands.||Verona Beach||NY||13162||57GC+JG Verona Beach, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 762-4463||43.18||-75.73||43.176532-75.728724||6541 Lakeshore Rd S||4.50||895 reviews||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM|
|366||Beach pavillion||Sylvan Beach||Blossvale||NY||13308||57XC+JG Blossvale, New York||43.20||-75.73||43.199105-75.728716||905 Park Ave||4.30||41 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
If there has been an excessive amount of rain, blocked sewage drains, or thunderstorms recently, it can create bad water quality levels. Be sure to visit the website of the beach for details regarding water quality notices.
Remember to check the Utica weather forecast for the day before you head off to the beach. This helps make sure that you bring the right layers for the conditions and can also known when you need to leave.
Utica, NY Beach Rules
While each beach in Utica may have unique guidelines for using the beach, be prepared to listen to these common rules for every beach in Utica that you visit.
- Never disobey an order from the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to get out of the water, then you have to follow through.
- Check online for guidance on beach fires as they could be illegal or you must adhere to specific guidelines.
- You should always know that you are entering the water at your own risk, even if there is a lifeguard at attention.
- Stay within the specified swimming region.
- never go to the beach when it is closed.
- Don’t leave garbage on the ground – Take with you everything you pack in.
Utica Beach Tips
- Avoid the crowds. Utica beaches can be busy, especially on summer weekends. Try to get there before noon if possible.
- Bring the proper sunscreen. Apply your sunscreen as soon as you get to the beach. Remember that sunscreen does go bad over time so look at the the bottle for the expiration date.
- Keep items dry. It’s convenient to use a backpack, tote bag, or water-resistant travel bag to stash beach necessities like pillows, kid toys, flotation devices, and Personal Flotation Devices. However, these bags keep moisture from evaporating, leading to mildew growth and keeping beach essentials from airing out.
- Will there be a lifeguard? Many large Utica beaches staff a lifeguard around, however you shouldn’t assume that a lifeguard being there. On your way to the beach, search for beach warning signs. Occasionally they list lifeguard patrol times.
- Know if there are restrooms. Bathroom details may be the last thing on your mind before you plan out your beach visit. However you don’t want to be caught in a spot where you gotta find a bathroom immediately but you can’t find one available. If you cannot locate bathroom details on the beach’s website, you should assume that a public bathroom or facility isn’t available. Make sure that you go to the bathroom before leaving for the beach.
- Prepare for cold weather. Even if you’re anticipating hot weather in Utica, you should realize that the temperature at the beach can change on a moment’s notice. This is especially necessary if you’re wanting to go swimming, so bring enough dry clothes like sweaters, towels, sweatpants, and shirts.
- Bring spare towels. Don’t forget to take plenty of fresh towels prior to heading off for the beach. A good rule of thumb is beach on the ocean or a large lake that has frequent rip tides. Pay attention to the warning signs and learn what to do if you’re caught in a rip tide.
- Keep the bugs away. If you plan on going to the beach early in the day or late in the day, there’s a good chance that mosquitos, biting flies, beach hoppers and other annoying insects may ruin your experience at the beach.