Heading out to a beach in Syracuse, NY can be made into a fun-filled adventure and has plenty of benefits for yourself and your those you bring with you. Spending time swimming, building sandcastles, throwing the frisbee, having a picnic, fishing, or simply soaking up the sun, beaches are a host for a wide range of amazing activities.
Finding the perfect swimming beach in Syracuse with lots of room for activities on the beach is fairly straightforward. The following is a list to help you find a beach near you. Search for the beach name, your city, or a zip code to find beaches.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|358||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach pavillion||BC BEACH||Dryden||NY||13053||FQ5C+GX Dryden, New York||42.46||-76.23||42.458760-76.227552||765 Adams Rd||5.00||13 reviews|
|364||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Verona Beach State Park||Scenic picnic & camping areas on Oneida Lake, plus trails through secluded wetlands & woodlands.||Verona Beach||NY||13162||57GC+JG Verona Beach, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 762-4463||43.18||-75.73||43.176532-75.728724||6541 Lakeshore Rd S||4.50||895 reviews||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM|
|363||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Park||Green Pond Beach||Tully||NY||13159||QVRC+3Q Tully, New York||42.79||-76.13||42.790182-76.128109||5645 Lake Rd||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM|
|366||Beach pavillion||Sylvan Beach||Blossvale||NY||13308||57XC+JG Blossvale, New York||43.20||-75.73||43.199105-75.728716||905 Park Ave||4.30||41 reviews|
|360||Park||Green Lake Beach||Fayetteville||NY||13066||325P+58 Fayetteville, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 637-6111||43.06||-75.96||43.057988-75.964221||4.70||510 reviews||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM|
|445||Park||Taughannock Beach||Trumansburg||NY||14886||GCV3+VM Trumansburg, New York||42.54||-76.60||42.544749-76.595863||2031 Gorge Rd||5.00||3 reviews|
|357||Beach||Lakeshore beach||Cicero||NY||13039||43.19||-76.03||43.194306-76.034849||7033 Lakeshore Rd||4.50||13 reviews|
|355||Beach||Glenwood Beach||Scipio||NY||13021||42.81||-76.51||42.810347-76.514939||2.60||5 reviews|
|356||Beach||Lake Glass Beach||Aurora||NY||13026||42.74||-76.70||42.739676-76.701128||Little Creek,||4.40||10 reviews|
|361||Beach||Stevenson Beach||Backed by sand dunes, this sizable beach is popular for dog walking & its waterfront playground.||Fulton||NY||13069||43.31||-76.43||43.311457-76.425492||4.00||1 review|
|7,122||Beach||Sandy Pond Beach||New York 13142||NY||13142||43.65||-76.20||43.646755-76.195037||4.70||32 reviews|
|7,120||Beach||Flat Rock||New York 13126||NY||13126||43.46||-76.53||43.459390-76.534914||4.40||23 reviews|
|359||State park||Fair Haven Beach State Park||Lakefront park offering 1,500 feet of sandy beach plus wooded camping areas, trails & 18-hole golf.||Fair Haven||NY||13064||8893+VG Fair Haven, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 947-5205||43.32||-76.70||43.319721-76.696166||14985 State Park Rd||4.70||1,819 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|362||Beach||Fair Haven Beach||Sterling||NY||13156||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 947-5205||43.34||-76.70||43.344199-76.697984||14983 Lake Street Exd||4.70||212 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Prior to heading out to a beach in Syracuse, NY or a nearby place, verify on the beach’s website to be sure that it is free to the public. Don’t be surprised if the beach you plan to go to is not open because of the time you get there, being closed on certain days, or the time of the year.
Beaches could be temporarily shut down because of water quality problems caused by unexpected events such as elevated bacteria levels, excessive rainwater, or chemical spills. Review the beach’s website before you leave for the beach for updates on water quality.
Syracuse, NY Beach Rules
While different beaches in Syracuse will use various rules on how to attend their beach, you should expect to follow the following guidelines for every beach in Syracuse that you go to.
- Building a fire could be illegal on most public Syracuse beaches.
- Drinking at the beach may not be permitted.
- All container made of glass are prohibited on the beach.
- Don’t forget, if you take something with you, you are required to pick up after yourself.
- Only go to the beach when it is open.
- Only swim inside the permitted areas for swimming.
Syracuse Beach Checklist
- Check the restroom situation. Restroom information are likely the last thing on your mind before you plan your beach trip. However you never want to be caught in a situation when you have to go to the restroom fast but you can’t find one in sight. If you’re unable to locate bathroom information on the beach’s website, you should assume that a public bathroom or facility isn’t available. Make sure that you use the bathroom prior to leaving for the beach.
- Grab a shady spot. If you think that locating shade will be tough, or if you think that there may not be many shady areas around, pack your own! Use a beach umbrella, shaded beach tent, or some sort of equipment that blocks sunlight. Be sure that you bring equipment that has great air ventilation.
- Prepare for cold weather. Everyone knows that the weather in Syracuse can change quite fast. This is particularly important if you’re wanting to go for a swim, so bring plenty of warm clothes such as sweatshirts, blankets, pants, and shirts.
- Only swim in the specified swimming area. If there’s a ropped off swim area it is probably not safe to swim beyond the region. There could be sharp objects under the surface, be reserved for watercraft, or is not supervised by lifeguards.
- Know the alcohol policy. For the majority of beaches in Syracuse alcohol is not allowed do not allow alcoholic drinks. If you are unsure, leave your alcohol behind.
- Wear sunglasses. Too much sun may cause permanent damage to your vision. Even if it is a partly cloudy day, reflective water and sand can reflect light back into your eyes. Bring high quality sunglasses that have polarized lenses and pack a sunhat for further shade.
- Will the beach have lifeguards? Most popular Syracuse beaches staff a lifeguard around, however you shouldn’t assume that a lifeguard being present. On your way to the beach, check to see if there are lifeguard on duty signs. Occasionally they display lifeguard hours.
- Keep items dry. It may be convenient to find a purse, grocery bag, or waterproof travel bag to store beach necessities like towels, shovels, speakersinflatables, and Personal Flotation Devices. But these bags keep moisture from evaporating, leading to mold growth or just keeping beach gear from airing out.