You will discover many terrific reasons to head out to a a beach in Schenectady, NY. Getting outside in the fresh air, splashing in the water, and creating memories with your family and friends to name a few.
Locating a beautiful swimming beach in Schenectady with plenty of area for beach activities is not too difficult. If you need some help with locating a fantastic beach near you, then locate one using our collection. Get started, by entering your zip code in the displayed search box below.
Beaches Near Schenectady
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|307||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Oakdale Beach||Hudson||NY||12534||https://cityofhudson.org||(518) 828-0017||42.25||-73.78||42.251601-73.779219||53-99 N 6th St||3.90||42 reviews|
|293||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Park||Hampton Manor Park & Beachouse||Rensselaer||NY||12144||J78F+VR Rensselaer, New York||(518) 477-4194||42.62||-73.73||42.617139-73.725460||Lake Shore Dr||4.10||71 reviews||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM|
|7,111||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Halfmoon Beach||12065||42.80||-73.75||42.803133-73.754009|
|289||Beach pavillion||Kensington beach||Clifton Park||NY||12065||R7J5+MR Crescent, New York||42.83||-73.74||42.831836-73.740505||4 Kensington Ct|
|340||Park||Schuylerville Beach||Schuylerville||NY||12871||3CXF+GH Schuylerville, New York||Add place's phone number||43.10||-73.58||43.098847-73.576004||3 Ferry St||4.30||16 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|338||Park||Regatta's beach||Saratoga Springs||NY||12866||375G+GQ Saratoga Springs, New Yo||43.06||-73.72||43.058867-73.723122||2 Doggett Coat Pl|
|321||Beach||Bradley Beach||Fort Edward||NY||12828||https://villageoffortedward.com||(518) 747-4023||43.27||-73.59||43.266915-73.590964||Bradley Ave||3.60||14 reviews|
|313||Scenic spot||Sandbar Beach||South Glens Falls||NY||12803||79R5+7G South Glens Falls, New Y||(518) 792-9387||43.29||-73.64||43.290718-73.641144||1 Beach Rd||4.70||10 reviews||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM|
|312||Scenic spot||Sandbar Beach||South Glens Falls||NY||12803||79R4+2W South Glens Falls, New Y||(518) 792-9387||43.29||-73.64||43.290077-73.642731||1 Beach Rd||4.70||9 reviews||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM|
|311||Beach||Haviland Cove Beach||Sandy beach park on the Hudson River offering a seasonal swimming area & picnic tables.||Glens Falls||NY||12801||43.29||-73.65||43.291892-73.652081||3.90||21 reviews|
|330||Beach||Wayside Beach||Lake Luzerne||NY||12846||https://townoflakeluzerne.com||(518) 696-2711||43.32||-73.84||43.322167-73.837530||268 Lake Ave||4.40||123 reviews|
|288||Tourist attraction||Broadalbin Public Beach||Broadalbin||NY||12025||4R4G+FH Broadalbin, New York||43.11||-74.17||43.106164-74.173575||649 Lakeview Rd|
|292||Park||Mayfield Town Beach||Mayfield||NY||12117||4QQ9+G9 Mayfield, New York||Add place's phone number||43.14||-74.23||43.138840-74.231523||4.20||65 reviews|
|290||Swimming lake||East Caroga Lake Swimming Beach||Johnstown||NY||12095||4GFG+V2 Johnstown, New York||https://dec.ny.gov||(518) 835-4241||43.12||-74.47||43.124635-74.474944||4.10||8 reviews||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Remember to check the Schenectady weather forecast for the day before heading off for to the beach. This helps make sure that you pack the right clothes for the beach and you will also known when you need to head home.
The beach may be temporarily shut down because of water quality concerns as a result of temporary occurances such as elevated bacteria levels, pollution, or chemical spills. Review the website of the beach before going to the beach for more information.
Rules of the Beach
While different beaches in Schenectady may use conflicting rules for attending their beach, be prepared to adhere to the following rules for any beach in Schenectady that you go to.
- Look for signs for guidance on fires on the beach as they may be not permitted or you have to follow strict guidelines.
- Do not bring alcohol to the beach.
- Remember, if you take something to the beach, you are expected to clean up after yourself.
- All container made of glass are prohibited on beaches.
- Never disobey a request from the lifeguard on duty. If they tell you to do something, then you have to do it.
- Only visit the beach when it is open.
Schenectady Beach Checklist
- Be ready for bugs. If you plan on going to the beach in the morning or late in the day, you’ll find mosquitos, horse flies, beach hoppers and other nuisance insects could ruin your experience at the beach.
- Research the bathroom layout. Restroom information may be the least of your worries when you plan out your beach trip. However you don’t want to be stuck in a situation when you have to find a bathroom immediately but you can’t find one available. If you cannot locate restroom details on the beach’s website, then you can assume that a public bathroom or porta potty isn’t available. Try to go to the restroom before driving to the beach.
- Dispose of Trash. It is no fun to go to a garbage ridden beach. Whenever you bring something to the beach, you must pick up collect your stuff. Be sure to throw away your trash in a designated waste or recycling bin.
- Bring plenty of sunscreen. The sunscreen you bring should be waterproof if you’re thinking of getting wet. It should be re-applied each time you dry off to keep from getting a sunburn.
- Will the beach have lifeguards? Most sizeable beaches in Schenectady staff a lifeguard supervising, however you shouldn’t assume that a lifeguard being there. If you have yourself, young kids or anyone else that you bringing to the beach, it’s a great idea to take along properly fitted life jackets for those that need them, and also know that you’re entering the water at your own risk.
- Don’t forget the towels. Remember to take quite a few fresh towels before leaving for the beach. when visiting an ocean beach or an area which experiences rip tides. Learn the indicators and learn what to do if you’re caught in a rip tide.
- Don’t swim beyond the specified swim region. If there’s a designated swimming space it is probably not safe to venture outside of that area. The area may have sharp objects under the water, be assigned to watercraft, or is not supervised by lifeguards.