You’ll find plenty of great reasons to locate a beach in Rome, NY. Getting outside in the fresh air, splashing in the water, and spending quality time with your family and friends are some examples.
It is simple to locate a swimming beach in Rome that are fairly close to you with the help of our list of beaches. The following is a list to help you find a beach near you. Get started, by entering a zip code using the displayed search box above the table.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|6,516||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Park||Battell Beach||Middlebury||VT||05753||2R6C+G7 Middlebury, Vermont||Add place's phone number||44.01||-73.18||44.011365-73.179276||College St||4.50||29 reviews|
|348||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Park||Bulwagga Bay Beach||Port Henry||NY||12974||2GPV+9F Port Henry, New York||Add place's phone number||44.04||-73.46||44.035920-73.456348||4.70||9 reviews|
|349||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Campground||Bulwagga Bay Campground & Beach||Port Henry||NY||12974||2GPR+R5 Port Henry, New York||https://bulwaggabaycampground.com||(518) 546-7500||44.04||-73.46||44.037062-73.459583||Bulwagga Dr Bay||4.40||23 reviews|
|347||Beach||Port Henry Beach||Port Henry||NY||12974||https://porthenrymoriah.com||(518) 546-7123||44.05||-73.45||44.050213-73.454365||Beach Rd||4.20||89 reviews|
|6,500||Park||Charlotte Town Beach||Charlotte||VT||05445||8PM9+MG Charlotte, Vermont||https://charlottevt.org||Add place's phone number||44.33||-73.28||44.334128-73.281152||1371 Lake Rd||4.40||94 reviews|
|6,507||Beach||Shelburne Town Beach||Shelburne||VT||05482||https://shelburnevt.org||(802) 985-9551||44.36||-73.27||44.362066-73.266396||407 Beach Rd||4.50||61 reviews|
|6,496||Park||Shelburne Beach||South Burlington||VT||05403||CQVG+2V South Burlington, Vermon||Add place's phone number||44.44||-73.22||44.442585-73.222849||21 Lyons Ave|
|6,495||Swimming basin||Blanchard Beach||Burlington||VT||05401||FQ4G+V7 Burlington, Vermont||Add place's phone number||44.46||-73.22||44.457191-73.224360||4.40||16 reviews|
|335||Park||North Hudson Beach Park||North Hudson||NY||12855||X75G+P8 North Hudson, New York||43.96||-73.72||43.959307-73.724186||3017 U.S. 9||4.30||9 reviews||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM|
|6,492||Park||HOBO Beach||Burlington||VT||05401||FQ8J+49 Burlington, Vermont||(210) 996-8555||44.47||-73.22||44.465265-73.219060||5.00||1 review||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|353||Public beach||Bouquet Beach||Willsboro||NY||12996||9J3W+Q5 Willsboro, New York||Add place's phone number||44.35||-73.35||44.354474-73.354542||Noblewood Park||4.60||5 reviews|
|6,494||Park||North Beach Park||Recreation area with a small, sandy beach, snack bar, picnic & grill space, bathhouse & playground.||Burlington||VT||05401||FQV5+3R Burlington, Vermont||https://enjoyburlington.com||(802) 862-0942||44.49||-73.24||44.492739-73.240384||4.60||658 reviews|
|6,493||Park||North Beach||Burlington||VT||05401||FQR5+VJ Burlington, Vermont||https://enjoyburlington.com||(802) 864-0123||44.49||-73.24||44.492234-73.240926||4.40||32 reviews|
|6,505||Swimming lake||Milton Town Beach||Milton||VT||05468||JVRP+7V Milton, Vermont||https://miltonvt.gov||Add place's phone number||44.64||-73.11||44.640718-73.112807||Ice House Rd||5.00||2 reviews|
|6,498||Park||Leddy Beach||Burlington||VT||05408||GP2W+MX Burlington, Vermont||https://enjoyburlington.com||(802) 865-7558||44.50||-73.25||44.501639-73.252603||4.50||144 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|6,499||beach||Starr Farm Beach||05408||44.51||-73.27||44.510326-73.273462|
|6,497||Beach pavillion||North North Beach||Burlington||VT||05408||GPFH+X8 Burlington, Vermont||Add place's phone number||44.52||-73.27||44.524970-73.271717||97 Claire Point Rd|
|6,502||Beach||Thayer Beach||Colchester||VT||05446||https://lclt.org||44.55||-73.25||44.554190-73.252512||4.40||75 reviews|
|334||Beach||Jones Beach||North Hudson||NY||12855||44.00||-73.82||44.002001-73.816524|
|6,506||Beach||Georgia Beach||Georgia||VT||05478||44.77||-73.16||44.767835-73.161677||4815 Georgia Shore Rd||4.50||45 reviews|
|350||Beach||Port Kent Beach||Port Kent||NY||12975||44.53||-73.41||44.525509-73.407883||4.30||16 reviews|
|6,508||Recreation center||South Hero/ White's Beach||South Hero||VT||05486||JMCH+Q5 South Hero, Vermont||Add place's phone number||44.62||-73.32||44.621980-73.322027||102 W Shore Rd||4.60||40 reviews|
|6,504||Park||Grand Isle Town Beach||Grand Isle||VT||05458||MMJ2+5W Grand Isle, Vermont||Add place's phone number||44.68||-73.35||44.680446-73.347640||E Shore N|
|6,509||Park||Swanton Beach||Swanton||VT||05488||WRCQ+7R Maquam, Swanton, VT||Add place's phone number||44.92||-73.16||44.920640-73.160451||17 Moreau Dr|
|333||Tourist attraction||Town of Newcomb Beach||Newcomb||NY||12852||XVF4+34 Newcomb, New York||https://newcombny.gov||43.97||-74.14||43.972634-74.144663|
|343||Park||Sailor's Beach||Plattsburgh||NY||12903||MHJ5+H9 Plattsburgh, New York||Add place's phone number||44.68||-73.44||44.681409-73.441598||5.00||1 review|
|342||City park||Plattsburgh City Beach||Freshwater beach offering seasonal swimming areas & a nature trail, plus picnic tables & a dog park.||Plattsburgh||NY||12901||PHC9+76 Plattsburgh, New York||https://plattsburghrecreation.com||(518) 324-7709||44.72||-73.43||44.720654-73.431948||4 Beach Rd||4.30||690 reviews||9AM–8PM||9AM–8PM||9AM–8PM||9AM–8PM||9AM–8PM||9AM–8PM||9AM–8PM|
|354||Beach||Town of Wilmington Beach||Wilmington||NY||12997||44.38||-73.82||44.384776-73.823398||4.70||108 reviews|
|346||Park||Mirror Lake Public Beach||Lake Placid||NY||12946||72M9+M3 Lake Placid, New York||44.28||-73.98||44.284160-73.982341||31 Parkside Dr||4.70||69 reviews|
|344||Recreation center||Cadyville Beach||Cadyville||NY||12918||M9W7+H9 Cadyville, New York||https://seeswim.com||(518) 562-6800||44.70||-73.64||44.696496-73.636563||2199 NY-3||4.60||42 reviews||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM|
|352||Beach pavillion||Saranac Lake Village Beach||Saranac Lake||NY||12983||8VR4+P8 Saranac Lake, New York||(518) 891-5380||44.34||-74.14||44.341814-74.144199||Moir Rd||4.20||41 reviews||11AM–6PM||11AM–6PM||11AM–6PM||11AM–4:30PM||11AM–4:30PM||Closed||Closed|
|345||Beach pavillion||Chazy Lake Beach||Ellenburg Depot||NY||12935||Q59V+WJ Ellenburg Depot, New Yor||https://townofdannemora.com||(518) 492-7319||44.77||-73.81||44.769783-73.805927||Adirondack Park||4.80||28 reviews||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM|
|351||Tourist attraction||Lake Clear Beach||Saranac Lake||NY||12983||9QH7+WV Saranac Lake, New York||Add place's phone number||44.38||-74.24||44.379856-74.235327||4.60||113 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
If there has been a great deal of rain, flooding, or stormwater pollution over the past few days, it can create bad water quality levels. Make sure you visit the website of the beach for information regarding water quality warnings.
The weather at Rome beaches can be unpredictible, so it is important to schedule your trip accordingly.
Rules of the Beach
While each beach in Rome may have various guidelines on how to attend their beach, be prepared to listen to the following guidelines for any beach in Rome that you visit.
- Always understand you’re swimming at your own risk, regardless if there’s a lifeguard nearby.
- Drinking at the beach is not permitted.
- Never disobey a request from the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to do something, then you must do it.
- Only visit the beach when it is open.
- You must swim within the permitted areas for beach goers.
- Glass bottles can easily shatter, so don’t bring bottles made of glass to the beach.
Rome Beach Checklist
- Protect your skin. Even when the weather forecast doesn’t call for sunshine you should still use sunscreen – it is always possible to get a bad sunburn even when it isn’t sunny.
- Remember extra clothing. Even if you are expecting a warm day in Rome, you should know that the temperature at the beach can change very fast. It is especially important if you are planning on going in the water, so bring extra dry items such as a jacket, blankets, pants, and a hat.
- Will the beach have lifeguards? Many sizeable Rome beaches will have a lifeguard around, however you shouldn’t count on a lifeguard being there. If you have yourself, little children or others that you will be swimming with, it’s a great idea to pack correctly sized life vests for those that need them, and also know that you are swimming at your own risk.
- Get away from the sunlight. If you suspect that locating a shady spot may be difficult, or if you suspect that there likely will not be too many shady areas at the beach, bring your own! Bring a beach umbrella, shaded tent, or some sort of equipment that blocks sunlight. It’s best to bring something that has good airflow.
- Don’t swim outside of the specified swimming space. If there’s a specified swim area it is probably dangerous to swim beyond the space. The area may have dangerous objects under the surface, be reserved for watercraft, or is unmonitored by lifeguards.
- Don’t Litter. There’s nothing as bad go to a filty beach. When you take something to the beach, you are expected pick up collect your items. Make sure to toss out your trash in a designated waste or recycling bin.
- Bring a mesh bag for your stuff. It’s convenient to grab a backpack, grocery bag, or waterproof travel bag to stash beach necessities such as towels, kid toys, a speakerinflatables, and snorkeling equipment. But these types of bags trap water from leaving, causing mold problems or just keeping beach essentials from airing out.