There are a lot of terrific reasons to head out to a a beach in your area. Spending time swimming, grilling on the beach, playing volleyball, flying a kite, fishing, or just catching some rays, beaches are a home for many different exciting activities.
It is simple to locate a swimming beach in Rochester that are fairly close to you with the help of our table of beaches. The following is a collection to help you locate a beach near Rochester. Get started, by entering your zip code using the displayed box above the table.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|410||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Vine Valley Beach||Canandaigua||NY||14424||42.72||-77.33||42.723177-77.327665||E Lake Rd||4.40||71 reviews|
|7,144||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Crystal Beach||14424||42.81||-77.26||42.813677-77.263592|
|7,155||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Willow Beach||14471||42.74||-77.50||42.742287-77.504992|
|421||Hiking area||Kiosk, Marble Bench, Stone Beach||Springwater||NY||14560||PC3M+6Q Springwater, New York||42.70||-77.57||42.703083-77.565581||Canadice Lake||4.80||30 reviews|
|417||Park||Perry Public Beach||Perry||NY||14530||PX4H+G4 Perry, New York||https://villageofperry.com||(585) 237-2216||42.71||-78.02||42.706262-78.022161||42 Walker Rd||3.80||121 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|429||Park||Sea Breeze Pier and Beach||Rochester||NY||14622||6FP8+H5 Rochester, New York||Add place's phone number||43.24||-77.53||43.236389-77.534606||4993 Culver Rd||4.60||403 reviews||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM|
|428||Beach pavillion||Lake Ontario Sand Beach||Rochester||NY||14622||6CQP+99 Rochester, New York||Add place's phone number||43.24||-77.56||43.238412-77.564011||1371 Lakeshore Blvd||4.60||59 reviews|
|427||Beach||Durand Eastman Beach||Rochester||NY||14617||https://cityofrochester.gov||(585) 428-7888||43.24||-77.57||43.239497-77.567661||1342 Lakeshore Blvd||4.40||430 reviews|
|425||Park||Ontario Beach Park||Popular beachside park known for its century-old carousel, swimming, boating & rentable shelters.||Rochester||NY||14612||795V+Q6 Rochester, New York||https://monroecounty.gov||(585) 753-7275||43.26||-77.61||43.259493-77.606947||50 Beach Ave||4.40||4,834 reviews||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM|
|424||Beach||Ontario Beach||Rochester||NY||14612||43.26||-77.61||43.260041-77.607608||4.50||55 reviews|
|426||Beach pavillion||Beatie Beach||Rochester||NY||14612||79F6+W4 Rochester, New York||43.27||-77.64||43.274868-77.639709||544-664 Edgemere Dr||4.70||14 reviews|
|7,168||beach||Island Cottage Beach||14612||43.28||-77.65||43.277284-77.646948|
|420||Swimming basin||Durrand Beach||Spencerport||NY||14559||45XF+9G Spencerport, New York||43.15||-77.83||43.148471-77.826213||1466 Vroom Rd|
|7,166||beach||Grand View Beach||14612||43.30||-77.68||43.297839-77.683061|
|415||Park||Manitou Beach Preserve||Hilton||NY||14468||87CM+MW Hilton, New York||https://geneseelandtrust.org||(585) 256-2130||43.32||-77.72||43.321679-77.715201||64 Manitou Beach Rd||4.20||21 reviews||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM|
|416||Park||Rosie's Marsh Beach||Greece||NY||14468||87GF+RC Greece, New York||43.33||-77.73||43.327077-77.726448|
|7,148||beach||Sandy Harbour Beach||14464||43.35||-77.89||43.352282-77.894179|
|414||State park||Hamlin Beach State Park||Popular lakefront beach with land activities such as a nature walk, multi-use trails & camping.||Hamlin||NY||14464||926W+29 Hamlin, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(585) 964-2462||43.36||-77.95||43.360021-77.954079||1 Hamlin Beach State Park||4.50||2,251 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Beaches may be temporarily shut down due to water quality concerns caused by unexpected events such as elevated bacteria levels, excessive rainwater, or chemical spills. Check the beach’s website before you go to the beach for further information.
The weather at Rochester beaches is often unpredictible, so it is necessary to schedule your trip for the weather forecast.
Rochester, NY Beach Rules
While different beaches in Rochester may have conflicting guidelines on how to use their beach, you should expect to abide to the following rules for every beach in Rochester that you visit:
- Do not drink alcohol at the beach.
- Do not visit the beach whenever it is not open.
- Look for signs for guidance on beach fires because they may be illegal or you must adhere to specific guidelines.
- Bottles made of glass can easily break, so don’t take glass bottles to beaches.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Even if a lifeguard is at attention, understand that you’re swimming at your own risk.
Rochester Beach Tips
- Bugs like the beach too. If you want to go to the beach in the morning or the evening, you should expect that mosquitos, biting flies, fleas and other nuisance insects could ruin your experience at the beach.
- Find a shady spot. If you think that finding shade may be hard to come by, or if you know that there may not be too many shady spots at the beach, bring your own shade! Use a beach umbrella, pop up beach tent, or similar equipment that blocks sunlight. It’s best to use equipment that has enough air ventilation.
- Bring the proper sunscreen. Apply your sunscreen whenever you get to the beach. Remember, sunscreen does go bad over time so look at the side of the bottle for when it expires.
- Prepare for cold weather. Even if you’re anticipating hot weather at the beach, you should know that the weather in Rochester can change without warning. It’s especially important if you’re planning on going for a swim, so pack extra dry clothes like sweatshirts, towels, windbreakers, and socks.
- Will there be a lifeguard? Most large beaches in Rochester will have a lifeguard supervising, however you shouldn’t count on a lifeguard being present. If you are concerned about yourself, little children or others that you bringing to the beach, it’s a smart idea to bring properly sized life jackets for those that require them, and also know that you’re entering the water at your own risk.
- Avoid Littering. Don’t contribute to the issue of trash on beaches. Whenever you take stuff to the beach, you must pick up collect your stuff. Make sure to toss out your trash in a designated waste or recycling can.
- Avoid crowded times. Getting to your Rochester beach early is the best way of avoiding people.