Heading out to a beach in Penfield, NY can result in a fantastic day and has many perks for yourself and your family. Getting out in the open, enjoying the water, and spending quality time with your friends and family are a few examples.
Locating a beautiful swimming beach in Penfield with plenty of area for activities on the beach is not hard. Below is a collection to help you find a beach near Penfield. Enter a beach, your city, or a zip code to filter results.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|418||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Swimming lake||Sampson State Park Beach||Romulus||NY||14541||P3JM+5X Romulus, New York||42.73||-76.92||42.730386-76.915061||Sampson State Park||5.00||1 review|
|7,146||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Teall Beach||14456||42.81||-76.94||42.814790-76.938296|
|411||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Kayak Launch||Geneva||NY||14456||42.88||-76.96||42.875373-76.963967||37 Lake Front Dr||4.50||89 reviews|
|412||Hiking area||TIMOTHY JENNINGS BEACH||Geneva||NY||14456||V269+JG Geneva, New York||42.86||-76.98||42.861559-76.981201||20 NY-5||5.00||1 review|
|413||Hiking area||Jennings Beach||Geneva||NY||14456||V289+M9 Geneva, New York||(315) 924-1252||42.87||-76.98||42.866681-76.981563||529 Exchange St||5.00||1 review||12–10:40AM||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||10:38AM–12AM|
|410||Beach||Vine Valley Beach||Canandaigua||NY||14424||42.72||-77.33||42.723177-77.327665||E Lake Rd||4.40||71 reviews|
|7,161||Beach||Crescent Beach||Huron||NY||14555||43.27||-76.95||43.270787-76.950616||4.00||1 review|
|7,160||Beach||Sodus Point Beach County Park||This sandy beach park on a peninsula features a playground, a picnic shelter & more.||New York||NY||14555||43.27||-76.98||43.273651-76.975287||3.00||2 reviews|
|419||Park||Sodus Point Beach Park||Sodus Point||NY||14555||72FF+FR Sodus Point, New York||(315) 946-5624||43.27||-76.98||43.273715-76.975417||7958 Wickham Blvd||4.50||1,449 reviews||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM|
|421||Hiking area||Kiosk, Marble Bench, Stone Beach||Springwater||NY||14560||PC3M+6Q Springwater, New York||42.70||-77.57||42.703083-77.565581||Canadice Lake||4.80||30 reviews|
|417||Park||Perry Public Beach||Perry||NY||14530||PX4H+G4 Perry, New York||https://villageofperry.com||(585) 237-2216||42.71||-78.02||42.706262-78.022161||42 Walker Rd||3.80||121 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|429||Park||Sea Breeze Pier and Beach||Rochester||NY||14622||6FP8+H5 Rochester, New York||Add place's phone number||43.24||-77.53||43.236389-77.534606||4993 Culver Rd||4.60||403 reviews||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM|
|428||Beach pavillion||Lake Ontario Sand Beach||Rochester||NY||14622||6CQP+99 Rochester, New York||Add place's phone number||43.24||-77.56||43.238412-77.564011||1371 Lakeshore Blvd||4.60||59 reviews|
|427||Beach||Durand Eastman Beach||Rochester||NY||14617||https://cityofrochester.gov||(585) 428-7888||43.24||-77.57||43.239497-77.567661||1342 Lakeshore Blvd||4.40||430 reviews|
|425||Park||Ontario Beach Park||Popular beachside park known for its century-old carousel, swimming, boating & rentable shelters.||Rochester||NY||14612||795V+Q6 Rochester, New York||https://monroecounty.gov||(585) 753-7275||43.26||-77.61||43.259493-77.606947||50 Beach Ave||4.40||4,834 reviews||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM|
|424||Beach||Ontario Beach||Rochester||NY||14612||43.26||-77.61||43.260041-77.607608||4.50||55 reviews|
|426||Beach pavillion||Beatie Beach||Rochester||NY||14612||79F6+W4 Rochester, New York||43.27||-77.64||43.274868-77.639709||544-664 Edgemere Dr||4.70||14 reviews|
|7,168||beach||Island Cottage Beach||14612||43.28||-77.65||43.277284-77.646948|
|420||Swimming basin||Durrand Beach||Spencerport||NY||14559||45XF+9G Spencerport, New York||43.15||-77.83||43.148471-77.826213||1466 Vroom Rd|
|7,166||beach||Grand View Beach||14612||43.30||-77.68||43.297839-77.683061|
|415||Park||Manitou Beach Preserve||Hilton||NY||14468||87CM+MW Hilton, New York||https://geneseelandtrust.org||(585) 256-2130||43.32||-77.72||43.321679-77.715201||64 Manitou Beach Rd||4.20||21 reviews||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM|
|416||Park||Rosie's Marsh Beach||Greece||NY||14468||87GF+RC Greece, New York||43.33||-77.73||43.327077-77.726448|
|7,148||beach||Sandy Harbour Beach||14464||43.35||-77.89||43.352282-77.894179|
|414||State park||Hamlin Beach State Park||Popular lakefront beach with land activities such as a nature walk, multi-use trails & camping.||Hamlin||NY||14464||926W+29 Hamlin, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(585) 964-2462||43.36||-77.95||43.360021-77.954079||1 Hamlin Beach State Park||4.50||2,251 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Beaches may be temporarily shut down due to water quality issues caused by temporary occurances such as bacteria, pollution, or chemical spills. Check the website of the beach before going to the beach for water quality concerns.
Keep in mind that the weather on a beach is very different than what you find in the city. Wind is usually colder and unpredictible whenever it’s coming onto a beach.
Rules of the Beach
While each beach in Penfield will have unique rules on how to use their beach, be prepared to follow these common rules for any beach in Penfield that you go to:
- All container consisting of glass cannot be brought to the beach.
- Do not drink alcohol at the beach.
- Only visit the beach when it is open.
- Never disobey a request from the lifeguard on duty. If the lifeguard tell you to do something, then you must follow through.
- Always know that you’re entering the water at your own risk, even if there’s a lifeguard on duty.
- Do not drop garbage on the ground – Pack out what you pack in.
Penfield Beach Travel Tips
- Prepare for cold weather. Even if you’re expecting a warm day at the beach, you should know that the temperature at the beach can change rather quickly. It’s especially necessary if you’re wanting to go in the water, so bring enough dry items including a jacket, towels, sweatpants, and a hat.
- Bring the right sunscreen. Apply your sunscreen when you arrive to the beach. Remember that sunscreen does expire over time so look at the side of the bottle for when it expires.
- Bring spare towels. Remember to bring a bunch of dry towels before going to the beach. Make sure to bring at least two clean towels per person – one for water uses and the second for reserve.
- Check the bathroom situation. Restroom locations could be the last thing on your mind before you plan your beach trip. However nobody wishes to be stuck in a spot when you must go to the restroom fast but there isn’t one open. If you’re unable to locate restroom details on the beach’s website, then you should assume that a public bathroom or facility is not open. Try to use the restroom before leaving for the beach.
- Little ones could need life vests. Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe is the number one item to address when going to the beach. Small kiddos or those who has a tough time swimming on their own should bring a life jacket.
- Wear sunglasses. Too much exposure to the sun can cause irreparable damage to your eyesight. Do not be misled by how many clouds are in the sky – your vision need the protection. Select a set of sunglasses with polarized lenses and pack a hat for more shade.
- Arrive early. It can be tough to find a parking spot at many beaches in Penfield. Arriving as early as you can can help you locate a good spot to park your car and the perfect place to lay your down your towel.
- Find some shade. If you suspect that locating shade could be tough, or if you know that there probably will not be too many shady spots around, bring your own! Bring a beach umbrella, pop up beach tent, or some sort of equipment that blocks sunlight. It’s best to bring something that provides enough airflow.