Heading out to a beach in Niagara Falls, NY can be made into a fantastic day and has many perks for you and your family. Spending time swimming, grilling on the beach, playing volleyball, having a picnic, going on walks, or simply soaking up the sun, beaches are a host to a wide range of amazing activities.
Locating a great swimming beach in Niagara Falls with plenty of area for beach activities is simple. If you could use some help with locating a beach in your area, start by finding one using the table below. Search for a beach, a city, or your zip code to filter beaches.
Niagara Falls Beaches
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|409||State park||Woodlawn Beach State Park||Scenic state park for wildlife viewing, beach volleyball, nature trails & sunsets over the lake.||Blasdell||NY||14219||Q4QX+M6 Blasdell, New York||https://soleatwoodlawnbeach.com||(716) 824-3500||42.79||-78.85||42.789146-78.851962||3580 Lake Shore Rd||4.20||1,286 reviews||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM|
|397||Beach||Hamburg Beach/ Town Park||Hamburg||NY||14075||https://hamburg-youth-rec-seniors.com||(716) 648-1817||42.76||-78.88||42.764927-78.876998||4420 Lake Shore Rd||4.40||371 reviews|
|398||Beach||Hamburg Beach||Hamburg||NY||14075||https://facebook.com||(716) 627-2855||42.76||-78.88||42.763943-78.878574||4.50||210 reviews|
|7,130||beach||Lake Erie Beach||14006||42.62||-79.07||42.624226-79.066983||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Erie_Beach,_New_York|
|406||Beach||Gallagher Beach||Buffalo||NY||14203||42.84||-78.86||42.842007-78.859585||4.50||62 reviews|
|399||Beach pavillion||Sunset Beach||Irving||NY||14081||HV76+XV Irving, New York||https://sunsetbayusa.com||(716) 934-9953||42.56||-79.14||42.564911-79.137661||1028 S Shore Dr||4.20||41 reviews|
|400||Park||Seneca Nation Beach||Irving||NY||14081||HVC9+WJ Irving, New York||42.57||-79.13||42.572361-79.130992||Nation Beach Rd||5.00||3 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7:30AM–9PM||7AM–8PM|
|385||Beach||Evans Beach||Lake Erie Beach||NY||14006||42.64||-79.07||42.641726-79.067539||3.80||5 reviews|
|7,134||Beach||Millers Beach||New York 14081||NJ||14081||42.58||-79.13||42.581170-79.133373||5.00||3 reviews|
|389||Beach||Point Breeze Beach||Lake Erie Beach||NY||14006||42.63||-79.09||42.630614-79.085872||5.00||2 reviews|
|386||Park||Bennett Beach||Angola||NY||14006||MW5R+Q6 Angola, New York||https://erie.gov||(716) 947-5660||42.66||-79.06||42.659492-79.059398||8276 Lake Shore Rd||4.30||276 reviews||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM|
|7,135||Beach||Wide Beach||New York 14081||NY||14081||42.59||-79.13||42.587836-79.131151||3.90||7 reviews|
|387||Park||Lake Erie Beach Park||Angola||NY||14006||JWG4+46 Angola, New York||https://townofevans.org||(716) 549-0970||42.63||-79.09||42.625305-79.094419||9568 Lake Shore Rd||4.40||401 reviews||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM|
|388||Beach||Buffalo Municipal Bathing Beach||Angola on the Lake||NY||14006||42.66||-79.06||42.659225-79.063094||5.00||6 reviews|
|392||Park||Erie County Wendt Beach Park||Tranquil beach for swimming, wind surfing, trout fishing, wildlife sightings & Lake Erie sunsets.||Derby||NY||14047||MXG2+RF Derby, New York||https://erie.gov||(716) 947-5660||42.68||-79.05||42.677121-79.048874||Lake Shore Rd||4.20||204 reviews||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM|
|407||Nature preserve||Times Beach Nature Preserve||Buffalo||NY||14203||V4F8+RC Buffalo, New York||https://erie.gov||42.87||-78.88||42.874620-78.883985||11 Fuhrmann Boulevard||4.50||4 reviews|
|402||Rest stop||Eagle Bay beach||Silver Creek||NY||14136||GQPG+8J Silver Creek, New York||42.54||-79.22||42.535784-79.223497||4.40||19 reviews|
|408||Public beach||Puerto Vallarta /Old Town/Romantic Zone Studio||Buffalo||NY||14209||W45H+JX Buffalo, New York||https://pvrstudio.com||(716) 881-1800||42.91||-78.87||42.909093-78.870115||83 Bryant St #7c||3.50||2 reviews|
|7,190||beach||Fort Erie Beach||00002||42.89||-78.93||42.886093-78.931584|
|7,131||Beach||Wright Park Beach||This sandy lakeside beach offers sunset views & picnic areas on grassy areas under shade trees.||New York 14048||NJ||14048||42.50||-79.32||42.497835-79.320599||4.90||16 reviews|
|401||Beach||Bedford Beach||Set amid wooded tent & RV campsites, this beach offers swimming, fishing & lifeguards on duty.||Hartland||NY||14094||43.23||-78.63||43.232557-78.627531||5.00||2 reviews|
|396||Beach||Beaver Island Beach||Grand Island||NY||14072||42.96||-78.95||42.959260-78.949153||4.40||90 reviews|
|390||Beach||Olcott Beach||Burt||NY||14028||43.34||-78.71||43.339365-78.713672||Ontario St||4.50||172 reviews|
|391||Beach||Olcott Beach||Burt||NY||14028||43.34||-78.72||43.339066-78.720990||Beach St||4.50||164 reviews|
|403||Swimming lake||Tuscarora Beach||Wilson||NY||14172||846X+RG Wilson, New York||43.31||-78.85||43.312113-78.851240||3565 W Lake Rd||4.30||144 reviews|
|404||Swimming lake||Hopkins Beach||Wilson||NY||14172||8438+JJ Wilson, New York||43.30||-78.88||43.304032-78.883393||2800-2984, NY-18|
|7,143||beach||Fort Niagara Beach||14174||43.27||-79.04||43.267832-79.037547|
|405||Beach pavillion||Fort Niagara State Park Beach||Youngstown||NY||14174||7W7V+XF Youngstown, New York||43.26||-79.06||43.264883-79.056330||4.70||108 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
The majority of beaches in Niagara Falls, NY will be accessible for the public but some are on private property. You should check their website to see if you can visit the beach without any restrictions. You should not be surprised if a beach you want to go to is closed due to their daily hours, being closed on certain days, or seasonality.
If areas around Niagara Falls have experienced an excessive amount of rainfall, flooding, or thunderstorms lately, it can create dangerous water quality levels. Make sure you visit the website of the beach for information regarding water quality alerts.
Rules of the Beach
When you go to a beach in Niagara Falls, there are always guidelines that you must follow. Just about all beaches will ask you to follow these laws:
- Even if the lifeguard is supervising the beach, know that you are swimming at risk to yourself.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If the lifeguard ask you to get out of the water, then you must follow through.
- Stay within the specified swimming area.
- All glass containers are prohibited on the beach.
- Check online for guidance on fires on the beach because they could be not permitted or you must adhere to specific guidelines.
- Drinking at the beach may not be permitted.
Niagara Falls Beach Checklist
- Don’t forget the towels. Dry towels are essential for a good time at the beach. This is especially necessary if you are taking little kids to the beach or if you’re planning on going for a swim.
- Keep items dry. It’s simple to use a purse, grocery bag, or waterproof duffle bag to stash beach necessities such as towels, buckets, a speakerinflatables, and spare clothes. But these bags trap moisture from escaping, leading to mold growth and keeping beach items from drying out.
- Prepare for cold weather. Everyone knows that the temperature in Niagara Falls will change rather quickly. It’s particularly necessary if you’re wanting to go for a swim, so bring enough warm clothes including sweatshirts, blankets, sweatpants, and a hat.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty? Many large beaches in Niagara Falls staff a lifeguard around, however do not assume that a lifeguard being there. While heading out to the beach, search for lifeguard on duty signs. Occasionally they display lifeguard patrol times.
- Bugs like the beach too. If you plan on going to the beach in the morning or late in the day, there’s a decent chance that mosquitos, biting flies, beach hoppers and other nuisance bugs may be a problem.
- Research the restroom layout. Restroom locations are probably the last thing on your mind before you plan out your beach visit. However no one wants to be caught in a spot where you have to find a bathroom fast but you can’t find one available. If you cannot locate bathroom details on the beach’s website, then you should assume that a public bathroom or facility is not open. Try to go to the bathroom prior to leaving for the beach.
- Don’t swim outside of the designated swim region. If there is a designated swim space it is probably dangerous to swim beyond that space. The area may have dangerous objects under the water, be frequented by watercraft, or is not monitored by lifeguards.
- Avoid the crowds. Arriving at the beach when it opens is the best way of getting the perfect spot on the beach.