You’ll discover plenty of terrific reasons to go to a a beach in your neck of the woods. Spending time splashing in the waves, building sandcastles, throwing the frisbee, flying a kite, going on walks, or simply catching some rays, beaches are a source to many different fun activities.
You can discover several swimming beaches in Irondequoit that are fairly close to you with the help of our table of beaches. Below is a list to help you search for a beach near Irondequoit. Enter a beach, your city, or a zip code to filter results.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|412||Hiking area||TIMOTHY JENNINGS BEACH||Geneva||NY||14456||V269+JG Geneva, New York||42.86||-76.98||42.861559-76.981201||20 NY-5||5.00||1 review|
|413||Hiking area||Jennings Beach||Geneva||NY||14456||V289+M9 Geneva, New York||(315) 924-1252||42.87||-76.98||42.866681-76.981563||529 Exchange St||5.00||1 review||12–10:40AM||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||10:38AM–12AM|
|410||Beach||Vine Valley Beach||Canandaigua||NY||14424||42.72||-77.33||42.723177-77.327665||E Lake Rd||4.40||71 reviews|
|421||Hiking area||Kiosk, Marble Bench, Stone Beach||Springwater||NY||14560||PC3M+6Q Springwater, New York||42.70||-77.57||42.703083-77.565581||Canadice Lake||4.80||30 reviews|
|417||Park||Perry Public Beach||Perry||NY||14530||PX4H+G4 Perry, New York||https://villageofperry.com||(585) 237-2216||42.71||-78.02||42.706262-78.022161||42 Walker Rd||3.80||121 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|429||Park||Sea Breeze Pier and Beach||Rochester||NY||14622||6FP8+H5 Rochester, New York||Add place's phone number||43.24||-77.53||43.236389-77.534606||4993 Culver Rd||4.60||403 reviews||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM|
|428||Beach pavillion||Lake Ontario Sand Beach||Rochester||NY||14622||6CQP+99 Rochester, New York||Add place's phone number||43.24||-77.56||43.238412-77.564011||1371 Lakeshore Blvd||4.60||59 reviews|
|427||Beach||Durand Eastman Beach||Rochester||NY||14617||https://cityofrochester.gov||(585) 428-7888||43.24||-77.57||43.239497-77.567661||1342 Lakeshore Blvd||4.40||430 reviews|
|425||Park||Ontario Beach Park||Popular beachside park known for its century-old carousel, swimming, boating & rentable shelters.||Rochester||NY||14612||795V+Q6 Rochester, New York||https://monroecounty.gov||(585) 753-7275||43.26||-77.61||43.259493-77.606947||50 Beach Ave||4.40||4,834 reviews||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM|
|424||Beach||Ontario Beach||Rochester||NY||14612||43.26||-77.61||43.260041-77.607608||4.50||55 reviews|
|426||Beach pavillion||Beatie Beach||Rochester||NY||14612||79F6+W4 Rochester, New York||43.27||-77.64||43.274868-77.639709||544-664 Edgemere Dr||4.70||14 reviews|
|7,168||beach||Island Cottage Beach||14612||43.28||-77.65||43.277284-77.646948|
|420||Swimming basin||Durrand Beach||Spencerport||NY||14559||45XF+9G Spencerport, New York||43.15||-77.83||43.148471-77.826213||1466 Vroom Rd|
|7,166||beach||Grand View Beach||14612||43.30||-77.68||43.297839-77.683061|
|415||Park||Manitou Beach Preserve||Hilton||NY||14468||87CM+MW Hilton, New York||https://geneseelandtrust.org||(585) 256-2130||43.32||-77.72||43.321679-77.715201||64 Manitou Beach Rd||4.20||21 reviews||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM|
|416||Park||Rosie's Marsh Beach||Greece||NY||14468||87GF+RC Greece, New York||43.33||-77.73||43.327077-77.726448|
|7,148||beach||Sandy Harbour Beach||14464||43.35||-77.89||43.352282-77.894179|
|414||State park||Hamlin Beach State Park||Popular lakefront beach with land activities such as a nature walk, multi-use trails & camping.||Hamlin||NY||14464||926W+29 Hamlin, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(585) 964-2462||43.36||-77.95||43.360021-77.954079||1 Hamlin Beach State Park||4.50||2,251 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
If there has been a great deal of rain, flooding, or stormwater pollution over the past few days, it may result in bad water quality levels. Make sure to visit the website of the beach for information regarding water quality warnings.
The majority of beaches in Irondequoit, NY will be open for everyone but many are on private property. You should look at their website to see if it’s possible to go to the beach without breaking any rules. You shouldn’t be shocked if a beach you want to visit is not open as a result of their daily hours, being closed on certain days, or closing during the winter.
Irondequoit, NY Beach Rules
While each beach in Irondequoit will use various guidelines for attending the beach, you should expect to follow the following guidelines for any beach in Irondequoit that you attend.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If they tell you to do something, then you must follow through.
- Do not consume alcohol at the beach.
- Pick up all trash that you bring with you.
- Check online for guidance on fires on the beach because they may be not permitted or you have to follow specific guidelines.
- All container made of glass cannot be brought to beaches.
- Stay within the specified swimming area.
Irondequoit Beach Tips
- Research the bathroom situation. Restroom details are likely the least of your concerns when you plan out your beach trip. However you never want to be caught in a spot when you must find a bathroom immediately but you can’t find one available. If you’re unable to find restroom information on the beach’s website, you should plan on the fact that a public bathroom or porta potty isn’t open. Try to use the restroom prior to leaving for the beach.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty? Most large beaches in Irondequoit staff a lifeguard around, however do not assume that a lifeguard being present. If you have yourself, young children or anyone else that you will be swimming with, it is a smart idea to bring correctly fitted Personal Floatation Devices for anoyone that need them, and also understand that you are swimming at your own risk.
- Bring plenty of layers. Even if you are anticipating warm weather at the beach, you should realize that the temperature in Irondequoit can change on a dime. This is especially important if you’re wanting to go for a swim, so bring extra warm clothes such as sweaters, blankets, sweatpants, and shoes.
- Get away from the sunlight. If you suspect that finding a shady area could be difficult, or if you suspect that there likely won’t be too many shady spots around, bring your own shade! Bring a beach umbrella, shaded beach tent, or some sort of equipment that blocks sunlight. Be sure that you bring something that provides enough ventilation.
- Don’t swim outside of the designated swimming region. If there’s a ropped off swimming space it is likely not safe to venture beyond the area. There could be sharp objects under the surface, be assigned to watercraft, or is not monitored by lifeguards.
- Insects like the beach too. If you plan on going to the beach in the morning or the evening, you’ll find mosquitos, horse flies, fleas and other nuisance bugs could ruin your beach experience.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen. The sunscreen you pack should be waterproof if you’re planning on going in the water. The sunscreen must be re-applied whenever you dry off to stay protected.
- Bring plenty of towels. Remember to take quite a few clean towels prior to going to the beach. This is especially important if you’re taking young kids to the beach or if you are planning on going for a swim.