You’ll discover plenty of great reasons to visit a beach in your neck of the woods. Spending time swimming, grilling on the beach, throwing the frisbee, having a picnic, going on walks, or simply soaking up the sun, beaches are a host for many different awesome activities.
Finding the perfect swimming beach in Guilderland with plenty of area for activities on the beach is simple. If you need some assistance with locating a beach in your area, you can use our table below. Begin, by entering your zip code in the displayed box above the table.
Beaches Near Guilderland
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|5,335||Park||Beachwood Beach||Stockbridge||MA||01262||8MGJ+F8 Stockbridge, Massachuset||42.33||-73.32||42.326231-73.319186|
|5,336||Public beach||BSO Beach||West Stockbridge||MA||01266||8MVP+28 West Stockbridge, Massac||42.34||-73.31||42.342602-73.314166||2.70||3 reviews|
|5,326||Park||Richmond Town Beach||Pittsfield||MA||01201||CM9C+VF Pittsfield, Massachusett||42.42||-73.33||42.419631-73.328826||Town Beach Rd||4.30||11 reviews|
|307||Beach||Oakdale Beach||Hudson||NY||12534||https://cityofhudson.org||(518) 828-0017||42.25||-73.78||42.251601-73.779219||53-99 N 6th St||3.90||42 reviews|
|298||Park||Bristol Beach||Undeveloped parkland, a former brickyard, with a landing on the Hudson River for kayaking & fishing.||Saugerties||NY||12477||4359+89 Saugerties, New York||42.11||-73.93||42.108262-73.931573||1148 Main St||4.20||29 reviews|
|293||Park||Hampton Manor Park & Beachouse||Rensselaer||NY||12144||J78F+VR Rensselaer, New York||(518) 477-4194||42.62||-73.73||42.617139-73.725460||Lake Shore Dr||4.10||71 reviews||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM|
|289||Beach pavillion||Kensington beach||Clifton Park||NY||12065||R7J5+MR Crescent, New York||42.83||-73.74||42.831836-73.740505||4 Kensington Ct|
|340||Park||Schuylerville Beach||Schuylerville||NY||12871||3CXF+GH Schuylerville, New York||Add place's phone number||43.10||-73.58||43.098847-73.576004||3 Ferry St||4.30||16 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|338||Park||Regatta's beach||Saratoga Springs||NY||12866||375G+GQ Saratoga Springs, New Yo||43.06||-73.72||43.058867-73.723122||2 Doggett Coat Pl|
|321||Beach||Bradley Beach||Fort Edward||NY||12828||https://villageoffortedward.com||(518) 747-4023||43.27||-73.59||43.266915-73.590964||Bradley Ave||3.60||14 reviews|
|313||Scenic spot||Sandbar Beach||South Glens Falls||NY||12803||79R5+7G South Glens Falls, New Y||(518) 792-9387||43.29||-73.64||43.290718-73.641144||1 Beach Rd||4.70||10 reviews||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM|
|312||Scenic spot||Sandbar Beach||South Glens Falls||NY||12803||79R4+2W South Glens Falls, New Y||(518) 792-9387||43.29||-73.64||43.290077-73.642731||1 Beach Rd||4.70||9 reviews||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM||9AM–7PM|
|311||Beach||Haviland Cove Beach||Sandy beach park on the Hudson River offering a seasonal swimming area & picnic tables.||Glens Falls||NY||12801||43.29||-73.65||43.291892-73.652081||3.90||21 reviews|
|288||Tourist attraction||Broadalbin Public Beach||Broadalbin||NY||12025||4R4G+FH Broadalbin, New York||43.11||-74.17||43.106164-74.173575||649 Lakeview Rd|
|292||Park||Mayfield Town Beach||Mayfield||NY||12117||4QQ9+G9 Mayfield, New York||Add place's phone number||43.14||-74.23||43.138840-74.231523||4.20||65 reviews|
|290||Swimming lake||East Caroga Lake Swimming Beach||Johnstown||NY||12095||4GFG+V2 Johnstown, New York||https://dec.ny.gov||(518) 835-4241||43.12||-74.47||43.124635-74.474944||4.10||8 reviews||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Remember that the weather on the beach is quite different than in the city. Wind can be stronger and unpredictible whenever it’s coming off the water.
If regions around Guilderland have experienced an excessive amount of rain, blocked sewage drains, or thunderstorms recently, it may create dangerous water quality levels. Be sure you check out the website of the beach for details regarding water quality closings.
Guilderland, NY Beach Guidelines
Whenever you visit beaches in Guilderland, there are always guidelines that you should follow. Nearly every beach will expect you to follow these rules:
- Never disobey an order from the lifeguard on duty. If the lifeguard tell you to stop doing something, then you have to follow through.
- Don’t forget, if you take an object to the beach, you are obligated to not leave anything behind.
- Even if the lifeguard is at attention, know that you are entering the water at risk to yourself.
- Do not visit the beach when it is not open.
- Any glass containers are prohibited on the beach.
- Fires may not be permitted on the majority of public beaches in Guilderland.
Guilderland Beach Tips
- Bring a mesh bag for your stuff. It may be easy to grab a purse, tote bag, or water-resistant travel bag to stash beach items like pillows, buckets, tents, and Personal Flotation Devices. However, these types of bags keep moisture from evaporating, leading to mildew growth or just keeping beach essentials from airing out.
- Sunscreen is critical. Even when the weather forecast says it will not be sunny you should still use your sunscreen – because you can get a bad sunburn even on cloudy days.
- Don’t forget the towels. Don’t forget to take quite a few fresh towels before going to the beach. This is particularly critical if you are taking little kids to the beach or if you’re thinking of getting in the water.
- Only swim in the roped off swim region. If there’s a specified swimming space it is probably not safe to venture beyond that region. The area may have dangerous objects under the surface, be frequented by boaters, or is not supervised by lifeguards.
- Get away from the sun. If you know that locating shade may be hard to come by, or if you think that there probably will not be many shady areas around, bring your own shade! Bring a beach umbrella, shaded beach tent, or some sort of equipment that provides shade. Be sure that you use equipment that provides great ventilation.
- Arrive early. Arriving at your Guilderland beach early is the best way to avoid crowds.
- Will the beach have lifeguards? Most frequently visited Guilderland beaches will have a lifeguard around, however do not assume that a lifeguard being present. On your way to the beach, check to see if there are lifeguard on duty signs. Occasionally they list lifeguard patrol hours.