There are plenty of good reasons to go to a a beach in your area. Whether you plan to go splashing in the waves, building sandcastles, throwing the frisbee, flying a kite, fishing, or simply catching some rays, beaches are a source to many different amazing activities.
Finding a great swimming beach in Clay with plenty of room for activities on the beach is not hard. If you could use some guidance with locating a great beach near your location, you can locate a beach using our collection. Begin, by entering your zip code using the following search box below.
Beaches Near Clay
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|364||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Verona Beach State Park||Scenic picnic & camping areas on Oneida Lake, plus trails through secluded wetlands & woodlands.||Verona Beach||NY||13162||57GC+JG Verona Beach, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 762-4463||43.18||-75.73||43.176532-75.728724||6541 Lakeshore Rd S||4.50||895 reviews||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM||11AM–7PM|
|363||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Park||Green Pond Beach||Tully||NY||13159||QVRC+3Q Tully, New York||42.79||-76.13||42.790182-76.128109||5645 Lake Rd||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM||12–6PM|
|7,126||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Verona Beach||13162||43.19||-75.73||43.190902-75.729074||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verona_Beach,_New_York|
|366||Beach pavillion||Sylvan Beach||Blossvale||NY||13308||57XC+JG Blossvale, New York||43.20||-75.73||43.199105-75.728716||905 Park Ave||4.30||41 reviews|
|360||Park||Green Lake Beach||Fayetteville||NY||13066||325P+58 Fayetteville, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 637-6111||43.06||-75.96||43.057988-75.964221||4.70||510 reviews||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM||6AM–6PM|
|357||Beach||Lakeshore beach||Cicero||NY||13039||43.19||-76.03||43.194306-76.034849||7033 Lakeshore Rd||4.50||13 reviews|
|355||Beach||Glenwood Beach||Scipio||NY||13021||42.81||-76.51||42.810347-76.514939||2.60||5 reviews|
|356||Beach||Lake Glass Beach||Aurora||NY||13026||42.74||-76.70||42.739676-76.701128||Little Creek,||4.40||10 reviews|
|361||Beach||Stevenson Beach||Backed by sand dunes, this sizable beach is popular for dog walking & its waterfront playground.||Fulton||NY||13069||43.31||-76.43||43.311457-76.425492||4.00||1 review|
|7,122||Beach||Sandy Pond Beach||New York 13142||NY||13142||43.65||-76.20||43.646755-76.195037||4.70||32 reviews|
|373||State park||Southwick Beach State Park||Henderson||NY||13650||QQ8V+5M Henderson, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 846-5338||43.77||-76.21||43.765469-76.205850||8119 Southwicks Pl||4.60||860 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|7,128||Beach||Southwich Beach||New York 13650||NY||13650||43.76||-76.22||43.763677-76.216039||5.00||7 reviews|
|7,120||Beach||Flat Rock||New York 13126||NY||13126||43.46||-76.53||43.459390-76.534914||4.40||23 reviews|
|423||Beach pavillion||Fair Haven Beach||Wolcott||NY||14590||66QP+9C Wolcott, New York||43.24||-76.76||43.238492-76.763927||6520 Lawville Rd|
|359||State park||Fair Haven Beach State Park||Lakefront park offering 1,500 feet of sandy beach plus wooded camping areas, trails & 18-hole golf.||Fair Haven||NY||13064||8893+VG Fair Haven, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 947-5205||43.32||-76.70||43.319721-76.696166||14985 State Park Rd||4.70||1,819 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|362||Beach||Fair Haven Beach||Sterling||NY||13156||https://parks.ny.gov||(315) 947-5205||43.34||-76.70||43.344199-76.697984||14983 Lake Street Exd||4.70||212 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
In the event of a great deal of rainfall, blocked sewage drains, or stormwater pollution recently, it can create dangerous water quality levels. Make sure you take a look at the beach’s website for information about water quality notices.
Prior to heading out to a beach in Clay, NY or the surrounding region, check online to make sure that it is free to the general public. You shouldn’t be surprised if a beach you want to go to is not open as a result of their daily hours, being closed on certain days, or the time of the year.
Clay, NY Beach Guidelines
When you visit beaches in Clay, there are always guidelines that you should follow. Nearly all beaches will expect you to follow these guidelines:
- Check online for guidance on fires on the beach as they could be illegal or you have to adhere to strict guidelines.
- All glass containers cannot be brought to beaches.
- Even if a lifeguard is nearby, understand that you’re swimming at your own risk.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If they tell you to get out of the water, then you have to follow through.
- Do not visit the beach whenever it’s closed.
- Do not drop garbage on the ground – Pack out what you bring with you.
Clay Beach Tips
- Bring spare towels. Remember to take many clean towels before going to the beach. when visiting beach on the ocean or an area that has frequent rip tides. Pay attention to the indicators and learn what to do if you are caught in one.
- Store items in a mesh bag. It may be easy to grab a purse, tote bag, or water-resistant travel bag to stash beach necessities like pillows, buckets, speakersinflatables, and spare clothes. But these bags trap moisture from escaping, leading to mildew problems and keeping beach items from drying out.
- Don’t swim beyond the designated swim space. If there is a designated swim space it is probably unsafe to venture outside of the region. The area may have hazardous objects under the water, be frequented by watercraft, or is unmonitored by a lifeguard.
- Get a shady area. If you suspect that locating a shady spot could be hard to come by, or if you know that there probably will not be many shady spots available, pack your own shade! Use a beach umbrella, shaded beach tent, or some sort of equipment that blocks sunlight. Be sure that you bring something that provides great air-flow.
- Never Litter. It is no fun to spend a day at a trash filled beach. If you bring things to the beach, you are required clean up your litter. Make sure that you dispose of your garbage in a designated waste or recycling receptacles.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty? Most large Clay beaches staff a lifeguard on duty, however do not assume that a lifeguard being at the beach. If you have yourself, young children or anyone else that you will be swimming with, it is a great idea to bring properly fitted life jackets for those who need them, and also understand that you are swimming at your own risk.
- Remember extra clothing. Everyone knows that the weather in Clay can change on a moment’s notice. This is particularly important if you’re wanting to go for a swim, so bring extra warm clothes like sweatshirts, towels, pants, and socks.
- Check the restroom situation. Bathroom locations are likely the least of your concerns when you plan out your beach trip. But you don’t want to be caught in a situation when you gotta find a bathroom immediately but you can’t find one nearby. If you’re unable to locate bathroom information on the beach’s website, you can assume that a public bathroom or facility isn’t open. Try to use the restroom before leaving for the beach.