Heading out to a beach in Cheektowaga, NY can turn into a fun-filled adventure and has many perks for yourself and your family. Getting outside in the open, splashing in the water, and creating memories with your friends and family to name a few.
It’s easy to find a swimming beach in Cheektowaga that are near your location with the assistance of our table of beaches. If you need some guidance with searching for a great beach in your area, then use our table below. Search for a beach, a city, or a zip code to filter beaches.
Beaches Near Cheektowaga
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|430||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Swimming lake||Public Swimming Beach||Caneadea||NY||14717||9Q6W+6J Caneadea, New York||42.36||-78.20||42.360607-78.203484||4.40||30 reviews|
|7,171||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Balcom Beach||14777||42.39||-78.20||42.386454-78.201400|
|7,163||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||beach||Rock Ledge Beach||14571||43.37||-78.22||43.369502-78.220855|
|422||State park||Lakeside Beach State Park||Tranquil locale for camping, fishing, hikes & disc golf on picturesque grounds beside Lake Ontario.||Waterport||NY||14571||9Q87+PJ Waterport, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(585) 682-4888||43.37||-78.24||43.366834-78.235898||13691 Roosevelt Hwy||4.40||657 reviews||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM||6AM–11PM|
|409||State park||Woodlawn Beach State Park||Scenic state park for wildlife viewing, beach volleyball, nature trails & sunsets over the lake.||Blasdell||NY||14219||Q4QX+M6 Blasdell, New York||https://soleatwoodlawnbeach.com||(716) 824-3500||42.79||-78.85||42.789146-78.851962||3580 Lake Shore Rd||4.20||1,286 reviews||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM|
|397||Beach||Hamburg Beach/ Town Park||Hamburg||NY||14075||https://hamburg-youth-rec-seniors.com||(716) 648-1817||42.76||-78.88||42.764927-78.876998||4420 Lake Shore Rd||4.40||371 reviews|
|398||Beach||Hamburg Beach||Hamburg||NY||14075||https://facebook.com||(716) 627-2855||42.76||-78.88||42.763943-78.878574||4.50||210 reviews|
|431||Park||Cassadaga Beach||Cassadaga||NY||14718||8MWQ+34 Cassadaga, New York||42.35||-79.31||42.345212-79.312174||25-49 Park Ave||4.60||70 reviews||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM||7AM–9PM|
|433||Park||Lily Dale Community Beach||Lily Dale||NY||14752||9M3F+RW Lily Dale, New York||https://lilydaleassembly.org||(716) 595-8721||42.35||-79.33||42.354612-79.325168||Cleveland Ave||3.70||3 reviews||11AM–6PM||11AM–6PM||11AM–6PM||11AM–6PM||11AM–6PM||11AM–6PM||11AM–6PM|
|434||Public beach||Beach Dock||Lily Dale||NY||14752||9M3F+VV Lily Dale, New York||https://lilydaleassembly.org||(716) 595-8721||42.35||-79.33||42.354744-79.325374||Cleveland Ave|
|7,130||beach||Lake Erie Beach||14006||42.62||-79.07||42.624226-79.066983||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Erie_Beach,_New_York|
|406||Beach||Gallagher Beach||Buffalo||NY||14203||42.84||-78.86||42.842007-78.859585||4.50||62 reviews|
|399||Beach pavillion||Sunset Beach||Irving||NY||14081||HV76+XV Irving, New York||https://sunsetbayusa.com||(716) 934-9953||42.56||-79.14||42.564911-79.137661||1028 S Shore Dr||4.20||41 reviews|
|400||Park||Seneca Nation Beach||Irving||NY||14081||HVC9+WJ Irving, New York||42.57||-79.13||42.572361-79.130992||Nation Beach Rd||5.00||3 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7:30AM–9PM||7AM–8PM|
|385||Beach||Evans Beach||Lake Erie Beach||NY||14006||42.64||-79.07||42.641726-79.067539||3.80||5 reviews|
|7,134||Beach||Millers Beach||New York 14081||NJ||14081||42.58||-79.13||42.581170-79.133373||5.00||3 reviews|
|389||Beach||Point Breeze Beach||Lake Erie Beach||NY||14006||42.63||-79.09||42.630614-79.085872||5.00||2 reviews|
|386||Park||Bennett Beach||Angola||NY||14006||MW5R+Q6 Angola, New York||https://erie.gov||(716) 947-5660||42.66||-79.06||42.659492-79.059398||8276 Lake Shore Rd||4.30||276 reviews||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM|
|7,135||Beach||Wide Beach||New York 14081||NY||14081||42.59||-79.13||42.587836-79.131151||3.90||7 reviews|
|387||Park||Lake Erie Beach Park||Angola||NY||14006||JWG4+46 Angola, New York||https://townofevans.org||(716) 549-0970||42.63||-79.09||42.625305-79.094419||9568 Lake Shore Rd||4.40||401 reviews||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM|
|388||Beach||Buffalo Municipal Bathing Beach||Angola on the Lake||NY||14006||42.66||-79.06||42.659225-79.063094||5.00||6 reviews|
|392||Park||Erie County Wendt Beach Park||Tranquil beach for swimming, wind surfing, trout fishing, wildlife sightings & Lake Erie sunsets.||Derby||NY||14047||MXG2+RF Derby, New York||https://erie.gov||(716) 947-5660||42.68||-79.05||42.677121-79.048874||Lake Shore Rd||4.20||204 reviews||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM|
|407||Nature preserve||Times Beach Nature Preserve||Buffalo||NY||14203||V4F8+RC Buffalo, New York||https://erie.gov||42.87||-78.88||42.874620-78.883985||11 Fuhrmann Boulevard||4.50||4 reviews|
|402||Rest stop||Eagle Bay beach||Silver Creek||NY||14136||GQPG+8J Silver Creek, New York||42.54||-79.22||42.535784-79.223497||4.40||19 reviews|
|408||Public beach||Puerto Vallarta /Old Town/Romantic Zone Studio||Buffalo||NY||14209||W45H+JX Buffalo, New York||https://pvrstudio.com||(716) 881-1800||42.91||-78.87||42.909093-78.870115||83 Bryant St #7c||3.50||2 reviews|
|7,190||beach||Fort Erie Beach||00002||42.89||-78.93||42.886093-78.931584|
|7,131||Beach||Wright Park Beach||This sandy lakeside beach offers sunset views & picnic areas on grassy areas under shade trees.||New York 14048||NJ||14048||42.50||-79.32||42.497835-79.320599||4.90||16 reviews|
|395||Swimming lake||Dunkirk Beach||Dunkirk||NY||14048||FMRC+52 Dunkirk, New York||42.49||-79.33||42.490378-79.329975||19-11 Lake Front Blvd||4.30||54 reviews|
|394||Park||Cedar Beach||Dunkirk||NY||14048||FMR2+H5 Dunkirk, New York||42.49||-79.35||42.491499-79.349572||3.00||5 reviews|
|393||Beach||Dunkirk Beach||Dunkirk||NY||14048||42.49||-79.35||42.491446-79.351155||4.70||18 reviews|
|401||Beach||Bedford Beach||Set amid wooded tent & RV campsites, this beach offers swimming, fishing & lifeguards on duty.||Hartland||NY||14094||43.23||-78.63||43.232557-78.627531||5.00||2 reviews|
|396||Beach||Beaver Island Beach||Grand Island||NY||14072||42.96||-78.95||42.959260-78.949153||4.40||90 reviews|
|390||Beach||Olcott Beach||Burt||NY||14028||43.34||-78.71||43.339365-78.713672||Ontario St||4.50||172 reviews|
|391||Beach||Olcott Beach||Burt||NY||14028||43.34||-78.72||43.339066-78.720990||Beach St||4.50||164 reviews|
|403||Swimming lake||Tuscarora Beach||Wilson||NY||14172||846X+RG Wilson, New York||43.31||-78.85||43.312113-78.851240||3565 W Lake Rd||4.30||144 reviews|
|404||Swimming lake||Hopkins Beach||Wilson||NY||14172||8438+JJ Wilson, New York||43.30||-78.88||43.304032-78.883393||2800-2984, NY-18|
|7,143||beach||Fort Niagara Beach||14174||43.27||-79.04||43.267832-79.037547|
|405||Beach pavillion||Fort Niagara State Park Beach||Youngstown||NY||14174||7W7V+XF Youngstown, New York||43.26||-79.06||43.264883-79.056330||4.70||108 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Before going to a beach in Cheektowaga, NY or the surrounding location, verify online to make sure that it is free to the greater public. Frequently beaches will only remain open for certain times of the year or during specific times throughout the day.
The beach may be periodically shut down due to water quality concerns caused by temporary occurances such as elevated bacteria levels, excessive rainwater, or chemical spills. Check the beach’s website before going to the beach for updates on water quality.
Rules of the Beach
While different beaches in Cheektowaga may have conflicting rules on how to use their beach, be prepared to listen to these common guidelines for any beach in Cheektowaga that you go to.
- Don’t swim outside of the specified swim area.
- Drinking at the beach may not be permitted.
- Don’t forget, if you bring something to the beach, you’re obligated to clean up after yourself.
- You should always be aware that you’re entering the water at your own risk, regardless if there’s a lifeguard nearby.
- Just about all beaches in Cheektowaga have curfews with the exception for special occasions.
- Glass bottles can easily break, so don’t bring glass bottles to beaches.
Cheektowaga Beach Travel Tips
- Bring spare towels. Dry towels are essential for a great time at the beach. This is even more necessary if you’re bringing little children with you or if you’re planning on getting in the water.
- Don’t swim outside of the roped off swimming region. If there is a designated swimming space it is probably not safe to swim outside of that space. The area may have dangerous objects under the water, be frequented by boaters, or is not supervised by lifeguards.
- Bugs like the beach too. If you want to visit the beach in the morning or late in the day, there’s a good chance that mosquitos, horse flies, beach hoppers and other annoying insects may ruin your experience at the beach.
- Bring a mesh bag for your stuff. It’s easy to use a backpack, grocery bag, or water-resistant travel bag to stash beach gear such as beach balls, water toys, tents, and spare clothing. However, these types of bags trap water from leaving, causing mold problems or just keeping beach gear from drying out.
- Bring plenty of layers. Even if you’re anticipating a hot day in Cheektowaga, you should know that the weather in Cheektowaga can change on a dime. This is particularly important if you’re wanting to go in the water, so pack plenty of warm items like a jacket, towels, windbreakers, and shirts.
- Arrive early. Cheektowaga beaches will be busy, particularly on weekends in the summer. Be sure to arrive at the beach before noon if possible.
- Dispose of Trash. It’s not enjoyable to go to a trash filled beach. When you take things to the beach, you must clean up after yourself. Be sure to toss out your garbage in a designated waste or recycling receptacles.
- Get out the sun. If you suspect that finding shade could be tough, or if you know that there likely won’t be many shady spots around, bring your own! Use a beach umbrella, shaded tent, or similar equipment that blocks sunlight. Be sure that you use something that provides good air-flow.