Heading out to a beach in Brownsville, NY can turn into a fantastic day and has plenty of benefits for you and your family. Whether you plan to go splashing in the waves, building sandcastles, throwing the frisbee, having a picnic, going on walks, or just getting a tan, beaches are a source for a wide range of fantastic activities.
Finding the perfect swimming beach in Brownsville with lots of room for activities on the beach is fairly straightforward. If you could use some assistance with searching for a beach in your area, you can locate a beach using our collection. Search for a beach, your city, or a zip code to get started.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|443||Beach||The Chalet Waterfront||Dundee||NY||14837||42.51||-77.11||42.505848-77.107197||1098-1116 E Lake Rd||5.00||4 reviews|
|418||Swimming lake||Sampson State Park Beach||Romulus||NY||14541||P3JM+5X Romulus, New York||42.73||-76.92||42.730386-76.915061||Sampson State Park||5.00||1 review|
|411||Beach||Kayak Launch||Geneva||NY||14456||42.88||-76.96||42.875373-76.963967||37 Lake Front Dr||4.50||89 reviews|
|412||Hiking area||TIMOTHY JENNINGS BEACH||Geneva||NY||14456||V269+JG Geneva, New York||42.86||-76.98||42.861559-76.981201||20 NY-5||5.00||1 review|
|413||Hiking area||Jennings Beach||Geneva||NY||14456||V289+M9 Geneva, New York||(315) 924-1252||42.87||-76.98||42.866681-76.981563||529 Exchange St||5.00||1 review||12–10:40AM||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||10:38AM–12AM|
|410||Beach||Vine Valley Beach||Canandaigua||NY||14424||42.72||-77.33||42.723177-77.327665||E Lake Rd||4.40||71 reviews|
|7,161||Beach||Crescent Beach||Huron||NY||14555||43.27||-76.95||43.270787-76.950616||4.00||1 review|
|7,160||Beach||Sodus Point Beach County Park||This sandy beach park on a peninsula features a playground, a picnic shelter & more.||New York||NY||14555||43.27||-76.98||43.273651-76.975287||3.00||2 reviews|
|419||Park||Sodus Point Beach Park||Sodus Point||NY||14555||72FF+FR Sodus Point, New York||(315) 946-5624||43.27||-76.98||43.273715-76.975417||7958 Wickham Blvd||4.50||1,449 reviews||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM||8AM–8PM|
|421||Hiking area||Kiosk, Marble Bench, Stone Beach||Springwater||NY||14560||PC3M+6Q Springwater, New York||42.70||-77.57||42.703083-77.565581||Canadice Lake||4.80||30 reviews|
|429||Park||Sea Breeze Pier and Beach||Rochester||NY||14622||6FP8+H5 Rochester, New York||Add place's phone number||43.24||-77.53||43.236389-77.534606||4993 Culver Rd||4.60||403 reviews||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM||4AM–10PM|
|428||Beach pavillion||Lake Ontario Sand Beach||Rochester||NY||14622||6CQP+99 Rochester, New York||Add place's phone number||43.24||-77.56||43.238412-77.564011||1371 Lakeshore Blvd||4.60||59 reviews|
|427||Beach||Durand Eastman Beach||Rochester||NY||14617||https://cityofrochester.gov||(585) 428-7888||43.24||-77.57||43.239497-77.567661||1342 Lakeshore Blvd||4.40||430 reviews|
|425||Park||Ontario Beach Park||Popular beachside park known for its century-old carousel, swimming, boating & rentable shelters.||Rochester||NY||14612||795V+Q6 Rochester, New York||https://monroecounty.gov||(585) 753-7275||43.26||-77.61||43.259493-77.606947||50 Beach Ave||4.40||4,834 reviews||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM||7AM–11PM|
|424||Beach||Ontario Beach||Rochester||NY||14612||43.26||-77.61||43.260041-77.607608||4.50||55 reviews|
|426||Beach pavillion||Beatie Beach||Rochester||NY||14612||79F6+W4 Rochester, New York||43.27||-77.64||43.274868-77.639709||544-664 Edgemere Dr||4.70||14 reviews|
|7,168||beach||Island Cottage Beach||14612||43.28||-77.65||43.277284-77.646948|
|420||Swimming basin||Durrand Beach||Spencerport||NY||14559||45XF+9G Spencerport, New York||43.15||-77.83||43.148471-77.826213||1466 Vroom Rd|
|7,166||beach||Grand View Beach||14612||43.30||-77.68||43.297839-77.683061|
|415||Park||Manitou Beach Preserve||Hilton||NY||14468||87CM+MW Hilton, New York||https://geneseelandtrust.org||(585) 256-2130||43.32||-77.72||43.321679-77.715201||64 Manitou Beach Rd||4.20||21 reviews||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM||6AM–9PM|
|416||Park||Rosie's Marsh Beach||Greece||NY||14468||87GF+RC Greece, New York||43.33||-77.73||43.327077-77.726448|
|7,148||beach||Sandy Harbour Beach||14464||43.35||-77.89||43.352282-77.894179|
|414||State park||Hamlin Beach State Park||Popular lakefront beach with land activities such as a nature walk, multi-use trails & camping.||Hamlin||NY||14464||926W+29 Hamlin, New York||https://parks.ny.gov||(585) 964-2462||43.36||-77.95||43.360021-77.954079||1 Hamlin Beach State Park||4.50||2,251 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Before heading out to a beach in Brownsville, NY or a nearby place, check on their website to make sure that it is accessible to the general public. You should not be shocked if the beach you wish to go to is not open due to the time you get there, being closed on certain days, or the time of the year.
Keep in mind that the weather on the beach is very different than what you find in the city. Wind can be stronger and unpredictible when it is coming onto a beach.
Brownsville, NY Beach Rules
While each beach in Brownsville may use conflicting rules for attending their beach, be prepared to abide to the following rules for any beach in Brownsville that you go to:
- Fires could be against the law on the majority of public Brownsville beaches.
- Just about all Brownsville beaches have a curfew except for special occasions.
- Alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
- Any glass containers cannot be brought to the beach.
- Remember, if you bring an object with you, you are required to not leave anything behind.
- Even if the lifeguard is at attention, understand that you are swimming at risk to yourself.
Brownsville Beach Travel Tips
- Check the bathroom layout. Restroom details are likely the last thing on your mind before you plan out your beach trip. But you never want to be stuck in a situation where you must go to the bathroom fast but you can’t find one in sight. If you’re unable to find restroom information on the website of the beach, then you can plan on the fact that a public restroom or porta potty isn’t available. Try to use the restroom prior to heading to the beach.
- Don’t swim outside of the specified swimming region. If there is a ropped off swimming region it is probably dangerous to swim beyond the area. The area may have dangerous objects under the surface, be frequented by watercraft, or is not monitored by lifeguards.
- Arrive early. Beaches in Brownsville will get crowded, particularly on weekends in the summer. Be sure to get there before noon if you can.
- Don’t forget the towels. Remember to take a bunch of beach towels before heading off for the beach. This is particularly important if you are bringing young children to the beach or if you’re thinking of getting in the water.
- Sunscreen is a necessity. Apply sunscreen as soon as you arrive at the beach. Remember that sunscreen does go bad over time so look at the the bottle for the expiration date.
- Bring a mesh bag for your stuff. It may be convenient to use a backpack, grocery bag, or waterproof duffle bag to store beach necessities like pillows, buckets, tents, and PFDs. But these types of bags trap water from escaping, leading to mildew problems or just keeping beach gear from drying out.
- Grab some shade. If you think that locating shade will be hard to locate, or if you suspect that there may not be many shady spots around, bring your own shade! Bring a beach umbrella, pop up beach tent, or some sort of equipment that provides shade. Be sure that you use equipment that has great ventilation.