There are plenty of great reasons to head out to a a beach in your area. Getting outside in the fresh air, enjoying the water, and creating memories with your family and friends are a few examples.
You can discover several swimming beaches in Santa Fe that are are within a quick drive with the assistance of our list of beaches. If you could use some assistance with searching for a fantastic beach in your area, then find one using our list below. Enter a beach, your city, or a zip code to filter beaches.
Santa Fe Beaches
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|3,422||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Swimming lake||Abiquiu Lake Swim Beach||Gallina||NM||87017||7H29+F2 Cañones, New Mexico||https://spa.usace.army.mil||(505) 685-4371||36.25||-106.43||36.251132-106.432411||4.50||50 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Remember that the weather on the beach is usually different than what you find in the city. Wind is usually stronger and unpredictible whenever it’s coming off the water.
In the event of an excessive amount of rain, flooding, or stormfall runoff recently, it may hurt water quality levels. Be sure you take a look at the beach’s website for information about water quality alerts.
Santa Fe, NM Beach Guidelines
While different beaches in Santa Fe may use various rules for using their beach, prepare to adhere to the following guidelines for any beach in Santa Fe that you visit:
- Don’t forget, if you bring something to the beach, you are obligated to pick up after yourself.
- Even if the lifeguard is nearby, know that you are swimming at your own risk.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to get out of the water, then you must do it.
- Do not swim beyond the swimming region.
- Do not attempt to go to the beach when it is closed.
- Glass bottles can easily break, so avoid bringing bottles made of glass to the beach.
Santa Fe Beach Checklist
- Will the beach have lifeguards? Most sizeable beaches in Santa Fe staff a lifeguard on duty, however you shouldn’t depend on a lifeguard being present. While heading out to the beach, check to see if there are lifeguard on duty signs. Occasionally they display lifeguard hours.
- Watch out for bugs. If you wish to go to the beach early in the day or late in the day, there’s a decent chance that mosquitos, sand flies, beach hoppers and other nuisance insects could ruin your beach experience.
- Check the restroom layout. Restroom details are probably the least of your worries before you plan out your beach visit. However you don’t want to be caught in a spot when you have to find a restroom soon but you can’t find one open. If you cannot locate bathroom details on the website of the beach, then you can plan on the fact that a public bathroom or porta potty is not open. Make sure that you go to the bathroom prior to leaving for the beach.
- Don’t swim beyond the designated swimming space. If there is a designated swimming space it is likely not safe to swim beyond the area. The area may have dangerous objects under the surface, be reserved for watercraft, or is not supervised by lifeguards.
- Prepare for cold weather. Even if you’re expecting a warm day at the beach, it is important to realize that the weather at the beach can change on a moment’s notice. It is especially important if you are planning on going swimming, so bring enough dry items like sweaters, towels, pants, and shoes.
- Avoid Littering. It is not enjoyable to go to a dirty beach. If you take stuff to the beach, you are required pick up not leave anything behind. Make sure that you throw away your litter in an appropriate trash or recycling receptacles.
- Avoid crowded times. Getting to your Santa Fe beach early is the best way of getting the perfect spot on the beach.