Going to a beach in Clovis, NM can turn into a fun-filled adventure and has many perks for you and your family. Spending time in the sun, enjoying the water, and spending quality time with your family and friends are a few examples.
Finding a great swimming beach in Clovis with plenty of area for beach activities is not hard. If you need some guidance with finding a beach near you, start by finding one using our list below. Search for the beach name, a city, or your zip code to filter beaches.
Beaches Near Clovis
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
In the event of lots of rainfall, flooding, or stormwater pollution lately, it may create bad water quality levels. Make sure to visit the beach’s website for details regarding water quality closings.
Always check the Clovis weather forecast for today before you go to to the beach. Checking the weather helps make sure that you bring the right clothes for the conditions and you will also known when it’s time to leave.
Clovis, NM Beach Guidelines
While each beach in Clovis may have conflicting guidelines on how to attend their beach, you should expect to listen to the following guidelines for any beach in Clovis that you visit:
- Never disobey a request from the lifeguard on duty. If the lifeguard tell you to get out of the water, then you must follow through.
- Even if a lifeguard is on duty, understand that you are entering the water at your own risk.
- Look for signs for guidance on fires on the beach as they may be illegal or you must follow specific guidelines.
- Do not consume alcohol at the beach.
- Any glass containers are prohibited on the beach.
- Most beaches in Clovis have curfews except for special occasions.
Clovis Beach Travel Tips
- Don’t get a sunburn. Nothing can ruin a day at the beach like a sun burn, so don’t forget the sunscreen. Ask a friend to apply sunscreen with the hard to reach locations.
- Pick Up Trash. No one enjoys go to a waste filled beach. If you take items to the beach, you are expected clean up not leave anything behind. Make sure that you dispose of your garbage in a designated trash or recycling can.
- Be ready for insects. If you want to go to the beach in the morning or the evening, you should anticipate that mosquitos, sand flies, fleas and other nuisance bugs could ruin your beach experience.
- Will there be a lifeguard? Most large beaches in Clovis will have a lifeguard supervising, however do not assume that a lifeguard being there. If you worry about yourself, little kids or others that you bringing to the beach, it is a good idea to bring properly fitted life vests for those who need them, and also understand that you are entering the water at your own risk.
- Check the restroom situation. Restroom details may be the last thing on your mind when you plan out your beach visit. However no one wants to be caught in a situation where you must find a bathroom soon but you can’t find one available. If you cannot find restroom details on the beach’s website, then you can plan on the fact that a public bathroom or porta potty isn’t available. Try to go to the restroom prior to leaving for the beach.
- Keep items dry. It may be convenient to use a purse, grocery bag, or water-resistant travel bag to stash beach necessities like pillows, buckets, speakersinflatables, and Personal Flotation Devices. However, these bags trap water from leaving, leading to mildew problems or just keeping beach items from airing out.
- Get out the sun. If you think that locating shade may be difficult, or if you suspect that there may not be many shady areas around, bring your own shade! Use a beach umbrella, pop up beach tent, or some sort of equipment that blocks sunlight. Be sure that you bring equipment that provides great air-flow.