There are many excellent reasons to visit a beach in your area. Getting outside in the fresh air, splashing in the water, and spending quality time with your family and friends are some examples.
It’s easy to find a swimming beach in Riverside that are near your location with the assistance of our list of beaches. The following is a collection to help you locate a beach close to Riverside. Begin, by entering a zip code using the displayed search box above the table.
Beaches Near Riverside
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|4,332||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||The Lost Coast||Ferndale||CA||95536||40.29||-124.36||40.285595-124.359447||Mattole Road||4.30||45 reviews|
|4,337||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Mattole Beach||California 95558||CA||95558||40.29||-124.36||40.289025-124.357272||4.70||10 reviews|
|7,743||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Black Sand Beach||California||CA||95536||40.42||-124.40||40.415874-124.398626||4.70||57 reviews|
|4,331||Beach||Centerville Beach County Park||Ferndale||CA||95536||https://humboldtgov.org||(707) 445-7651||40.57||-124.35||40.574033-124.349248||Centerville Rd||4.60||308 reviews|
|4,338||Beach||Samoa Beach||Samoa||CA||95564||https://californiabeaches.com||40.81||-124.20||40.806281-124.199173||New Navy Base Rd||4.60||210 reviews|
|4,339||Parking lot||Samoa Power Pole Beach||Samoa||CA||95564||RRC6+C6 Samoa, California||40.82||-124.19||40.821109-124.189433||127 Sunset Ave||4.70||17 reviews|
|4,323||Beach||Humboldt Beach||California 95521||CA||95521||40.89||-124.15||40.887160-124.153537||3.50||11 reviews|
|4,362||Beach||Mad River Beach||Ione||CA||95640||40.93||-124.13||40.929568-124.133600||40 CA-124||4.70||282 reviews|
|4,321||Park||Clam Beach County Park||McKinleyville||CA||95519||XVVP+P7 McKinleyville, Californi||https://humboldtgov.org||40.99||-124.11||40.994262-124.114288||1100 Clam Beach Rd||4.60||122 reviews||5AM–11:45PM||5AM–11:45PM||5AM–11:45PM||5AM–11:45PM||5AM–11:45PM||5AM–11:45PM||5AM–11:45PM|
|4,318||Beach||Clam Beach||McKinleyville||CA||95519||41.00||-124.12||40.996237-124.116178||4.30||8 reviews|
|4,319||Beach||Clam Beach County Park||This park features beach access, equestrian use & a campground along with picnic tables & fire pits.||McKinleyville||CA||95519||41.00||-124.12||40.997845-124.115005||4.70||73 reviews|
|4,320||Park||Clam Beach County Park||McKinleyville||CA||95519||2V4P+QV McKinleyville, Californi||https://humboldtgov.org||41.01||-124.11||41.006912-124.112777||Clam Beach Dr||4.70||99 reviews|
|7,744||Beach||Little River State Beach||Scenic beach offering trails through sand dunes, swimming, sunbathing, camping & day-use facilities.||California||CA||95570||41.02||-124.11||41.016186-124.111784||4.50||94 reviews|
|4,348||Park||Moonstone Beach County Park||Trinidad||CA||95570||2VHQ+H6 Trinidad, California||https://co.humboldt.ca.us||(707) 677-1616||41.03||-124.11||41.028942-124.111923||4.80||933 reviews||6:30AM–9PM||6:30AM–9PM||6:30AM–9PM||6:30AM–9PM||6:30AM–9PM||6:30AM–9PM||6:30AM–9PM|
|4,344||Beach||Moonstone Beach||Rustic shoreline with sweeping views, tide pools, a boardwalk, surfing, boating & marine life.||Westhaven-Moonstone||CA||95570||41.03||-124.11||41.030125-124.112290||4.80||87 reviews|
|4,322||Park||Moonstone beach||McKinleyville||CA||95519||2VJP+6V McKinleyville, Californi||41.03||-124.11||41.030545-124.112780||1650 Margo Ln||4.50||2 reviews|
|4,343||Beach||Houda Point Beach/Camel Rock||Trinidad||CA||95570||https://trinidadcoastallandtrust.org||(707) 677-2501||41.04||-124.12||41.036849-124.117971||4.70||82 reviews|
|4,347||Park||Luffenholtz Beach||Trinidad||CA||95570||2VRH+4V Trinidad, California||https://trinidadcoastallandtrust.org||(707) 677-2501||41.04||-124.12||41.040267-124.120333||1639 Trinidad Scenic Dr||4.70||459 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|4,349||Public beach||Baker Beach||Trinidad||CA||95570||2VXG+32 Trinidad, California||https://trinidadcoastallandtrust.org||(707) 677-2501||41.05||-124.12||41.047708-124.124984||1532-1300 Scenic Dr||4.70||48 reviews||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|4,350||Public beach||Old Home Beach||Trinidad||CA||95570||3V44+VX Trinidad, California||41.06||-124.14||41.057192-124.142504||Edwards St||4.50||69 reviews|
|4,345||Beach||Trinidad State Beach||Trinidad||CA||95570||https://parks.ca.gov||41.06||-124.15||41.058433-124.149553||576 Pacific Ave||4.80||161 reviews|
|4,342||Beach||College Cove Beach||Trinidad||CA||95570||https://parks.ca.gov||(707) 599-0392||41.07||-124.15||41.065181-124.150432||College Cove Trail||4.70||564 reviews|
|4,353||Beach||Trinidad State Beach||Pet-friendly sandy beach with large rock formations & access to the Trinidad Head hiking trail.||California 95570||CA||95570||41.07||-124.15||41.065402-124.150347||4.80||80 reviews|
|4,351||Beach||Agate Beach||California 95570||CA||95570||41.14||-124.14||41.144290-124.143682||4.90||10 reviews|
|4,341||Beach||Agate Beach||Public recreation area featuring tide pools, ocean access & a dramatic shoreline to watch sunset.||Trinidad||CA||95570||41.14||-124.16||41.136467-124.155222||4150 Patricks Point Dr||4.80||245 reviews|
|4,352||Beach||Cannonball Beach||California 95570||CA||95570||41.13||-124.16||41.131512-124.162293||2.00||1 review|
|4,346||Park||Crescent Beach||Trinidad||CA||95570||5V68+JF Trinidad, California||41.16||-124.13||41.161563-124.133789||694 Big Lagoon Park Rd|
|4,336||Tourist attraction||Orick Fishing Access Beach||California 95555||CA||95555||7WV5+7F Orick, California||41.29||-124.09||41.293239-124.091267||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
The majority of beaches in Riverside, CA are accessible to the public, however some are private beaches. Be sure to look at their website to find out if you can go to the beach without any restrictions. You should not be surprised if the beach you wish to go to is closed because of their daily hours, being closed on certain days, or closing during the winter.
If there has been a great deal of rainfall, flooding, or stormwater pollution over the past few days, it can hurt water quality levels. Make sure you take a look at the beach’s website for information about water quality warnings.
Rules of the Beach
While each beach in Riverside may have various rules on how to use the beach, prepare to abide to these common rules for every beach in Riverside that you visit:
- Most beaches in Riverside have curfews with the exception for special occasions.
- Drinking at the beach is not allowed.
- Building a fire could be against the law on most public beaches in Riverside.
- Never disobey an order from the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to stop doing something, then you have to do it.
- Glass bottles can easily shatter, so avoid bringing bottles made of glass to beaches.
- You should always assume you are entering the water at your own risk, regardless if there’s a lifeguard on duty.
Riverside Beach Travel Tips
- Keep the insects away. If you plan on going to the beach in the morning or the evening, there’s a good chance that mosquitos, horse flies, beach hoppers and other nuisance insects may be an issue.
- Avoid the crowds. Beaches in Riverside can be busy, especially on weekends in the summer. Be sure to arrive at the beach before peak time if possible.
- Know that there are porta-potties. Restroom locations are probably the least of your concerns before you plan out your beach visit. However no one wishes to be caught in a spot where you must find a restroom pronto but you can’t find one open. If you’re unable to locate restroom information on the beach’s website, then you can assume that a public restroom or porta potty isn’t open. Try to go to the bathroom prior to driving to the beach.
- Find a shady spot. If you think that locating a shady spot will be difficult, or if you know that there may not be too many shady areas available, pack your own shade! Bring a beach umbrella, pop up tent, or some sort of equipment that blocks sunlight. Be sure that you bring something that has great airflow.
- Prepare for cold weather. Even if you are expecting a warm day in Riverside, you should understand that the weather in Riverside can change very quickly. It is especially important if you are planning on going in the water, so bring enough dry items including a jacket, blankets, pants, and socks.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen. Apply sunscreen as soon as you get to the beach. Remember, sunscreen does expire over time so check the the bottle for when it expires.
- Will there be a lifeguard? Many frequently visited beaches in Riverside will have a lifeguard on duty, however you should never assume that a lifeguard being at the beach. On your walk to the beach, check to see if there are beach warning signs. Occasionally they list lifeguard patrol times.