Heading out to a beach in Tonawanda, NY can be made into a fantastic day and has many benefits for yourself and your family. Spending time in the sun, swimming in the water, and spending quality time with your friends and family are some examples.
Locating the perfect swimming beach in Tonawanda with lots of area for activities on the beach is easier than you think. The following is a list to help you search for a beach close to Tonawanda. Enter a beach, your city, or a zip code to filter beaches.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|409||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||State park||Woodlawn Beach State Park||Scenic state park for wildlife viewing, beach volleyball, nature trails & sunsets over the lake.||Blasdell||NY||14219||Q4QX+M6 Blasdell, New York||https://soleatwoodlawnbeach.com||(716) 824-3500||42.79||-78.85||42.789146-78.851962||3580 Lake Shore Rd||4.20||1,286 reviews||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM||8AM–9PM|
|397||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Hamburg Beach/ Town Park||Hamburg||NY||14075||https://hamburg-youth-rec-seniors.com||(716) 648-1817||42.76||-78.88||42.764927-78.876998||4420 Lake Shore Rd||4.40||371 reviews|
|398||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Hamburg Beach||Hamburg||NY||14075||https://facebook.com||(716) 627-2855||42.76||-78.88||42.763943-78.878574||4.50||210 reviews|
|7,130||beach||Lake Erie Beach||14006||42.62||-79.07||42.624226-79.066983||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Erie_Beach,_New_York|
|406||Beach||Gallagher Beach||Buffalo||NY||14203||42.84||-78.86||42.842007-78.859585||4.50||62 reviews|
|399||Beach pavillion||Sunset Beach||Irving||NY||14081||HV76+XV Irving, New York||https://sunsetbayusa.com||(716) 934-9953||42.56||-79.14||42.564911-79.137661||1028 S Shore Dr||4.20||41 reviews|
|400||Park||Seneca Nation Beach||Irving||NY||14081||HVC9+WJ Irving, New York||42.57||-79.13||42.572361-79.130992||Nation Beach Rd||5.00||3 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7:30AM–9PM||7AM–8PM|
|385||Beach||Evans Beach||Lake Erie Beach||NY||14006||42.64||-79.07||42.641726-79.067539||3.80||5 reviews|
|7,134||Beach||Millers Beach||New York 14081||NJ||14081||42.58||-79.13||42.581170-79.133373||5.00||3 reviews|
|389||Beach||Point Breeze Beach||Lake Erie Beach||NY||14006||42.63||-79.09||42.630614-79.085872||5.00||2 reviews|
|386||Park||Bennett Beach||Angola||NY||14006||MW5R+Q6 Angola, New York||https://erie.gov||(716) 947-5660||42.66||-79.06||42.659492-79.059398||8276 Lake Shore Rd||4.30||276 reviews||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM||10AM–7:30PM|
|7,135||Beach||Wide Beach||New York 14081||NY||14081||42.59||-79.13||42.587836-79.131151||3.90||7 reviews|
|387||Park||Lake Erie Beach Park||Angola||NY||14006||JWG4+46 Angola, New York||https://townofevans.org||(716) 549-0970||42.63||-79.09||42.625305-79.094419||9568 Lake Shore Rd||4.40||401 reviews||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM||8AM–10PM|
|388||Beach||Buffalo Municipal Bathing Beach||Angola on the Lake||NY||14006||42.66||-79.06||42.659225-79.063094||5.00||6 reviews|
|392||Park||Erie County Wendt Beach Park||Tranquil beach for swimming, wind surfing, trout fishing, wildlife sightings & Lake Erie sunsets.||Derby||NY||14047||MXG2+RF Derby, New York||https://erie.gov||(716) 947-5660||42.68||-79.05||42.677121-79.048874||Lake Shore Rd||4.20||204 reviews||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM||10AM–7PM|
|407||Nature preserve||Times Beach Nature Preserve||Buffalo||NY||14203||V4F8+RC Buffalo, New York||https://erie.gov||42.87||-78.88||42.874620-78.883985||11 Fuhrmann Boulevard||4.50||4 reviews|
|402||Rest stop||Eagle Bay beach||Silver Creek||NY||14136||GQPG+8J Silver Creek, New York||42.54||-79.22||42.535784-79.223497||4.40||19 reviews|
|408||Public beach||Puerto Vallarta /Old Town/Romantic Zone Studio||Buffalo||NY||14209||W45H+JX Buffalo, New York||https://pvrstudio.com||(716) 881-1800||42.91||-78.87||42.909093-78.870115||83 Bryant St #7c||3.50||2 reviews|
|7,190||beach||Fort Erie Beach||00002||42.89||-78.93||42.886093-78.931584|
|7,131||Beach||Wright Park Beach||This sandy lakeside beach offers sunset views & picnic areas on grassy areas under shade trees.||New York 14048||NJ||14048||42.50||-79.32||42.497835-79.320599||4.90||16 reviews|
|395||Swimming lake||Dunkirk Beach||Dunkirk||NY||14048||FMRC+52 Dunkirk, New York||42.49||-79.33||42.490378-79.329975||19-11 Lake Front Blvd||4.30||54 reviews|
|394||Park||Cedar Beach||Dunkirk||NY||14048||FMR2+H5 Dunkirk, New York||42.49||-79.35||42.491499-79.349572||3.00||5 reviews|
|393||Beach||Dunkirk Beach||Dunkirk||NY||14048||42.49||-79.35||42.491446-79.351155||4.70||18 reviews|
|7,132||Beach||Point Gratiot Beach||Park on Lake Erie featuring a sandy beach, picnic facilities, a playground & restrooms.||New York 14048||NY||14048||42.49||-79.36||42.489502-79.358100||4.60||64 reviews|
|401||Beach||Bedford Beach||Set amid wooded tent & RV campsites, this beach offers swimming, fishing & lifeguards on duty.||Hartland||NY||14094||43.23||-78.63||43.232557-78.627531||5.00||2 reviews|
|396||Beach||Beaver Island Beach||Grand Island||NY||14072||42.96||-78.95||42.959260-78.949153||4.40||90 reviews|
|390||Beach||Olcott Beach||Burt||NY||14028||43.34||-78.71||43.339365-78.713672||Ontario St||4.50||172 reviews|
|391||Beach||Olcott Beach||Burt||NY||14028||43.34||-78.72||43.339066-78.720990||Beach St||4.50||164 reviews|
|403||Swimming lake||Tuscarora Beach||Wilson||NY||14172||846X+RG Wilson, New York||43.31||-78.85||43.312113-78.851240||3565 W Lake Rd||4.30||144 reviews|
|404||Swimming lake||Hopkins Beach||Wilson||NY||14172||8438+JJ Wilson, New York||43.30||-78.88||43.304032-78.883393||2800-2984, NY-18|
|7,143||beach||Fort Niagara Beach||14174||43.27||-79.04||43.267832-79.037547|
|405||Beach pavillion||Fort Niagara State Park Beach||Youngstown||NY||14174||7W7V+XF Youngstown, New York||43.26||-79.06||43.264883-79.056330||4.70||108 reviews|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Prior to going to a beach in Tonawanda, NY or the surrounding place, verify on Google to be sure that it is open to the general public. Quite often, beaches may only stay open for specific seasons of the calendar year or during specific times of the day.
If areas around Tonawanda have experienced lots of rain, flooding, or thunderstorms recently, it can create bad water quality levels. Be sure to check out the website of the beach for details about water quality warnings.
Rules of the Beach
Whenever you visit a beach in Tonawanda, there are always rules that you must follow. Nearly every beach will ask you to follow these guidelines.
- Do not drop trash on the ground – Pack out what you bring with you.
- Even if the lifeguard is at attention, know that you’re entering the water at your own risk.
- Check online for guidance on fires on the beach because they could be not permitted or you must adhere to strict fire rules.
- Do not swim beyond the specified swimming region.
- Any container made of glass cannot be brought to beaches.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be permitted.
Tonawanda Beach Tips
- Don’t forget the sunscreen. Even when the weather forecast says it will not be sunny play it safe and still use sunscreen – because you can get a bad sunburn even on cloudy days.
- Keep items dry. It may be convenient to find a purse, grocery bag, or waterproof duffle bag to stash beach gear like towels, shovels, tents, and lifejackets. But these bags trap water from leaving, leading to mildew problems or just keeping beach items from drying out.
- Don’t forget the towels. Remember to bring quite a few clean towels prior to going to the beach. This is really necessary if you’re bringing little kids to the beach or if you are planning on getting in the water.
- Will there be a lifeguard? Most popular Tonawanda beaches staff a lifeguard around, however you should never depend on a lifeguard being in attendance. If you are concerned about yourself, young children or anyone else that you will be swimming with, it is a good idea to take along properly sized Personal Floatation Devices for those who require them, and also understand that you are swimming at your own risk.
- Get out the sun. If you think that locating shade may be difficult, or if you think that there probably will not be too many shady spots available, bring your own shade! Use a beach umbrella, shaded tent, or similar equipment that provides shade. Be sure that you use equipment that has good air ventilation.
- Avoid Littering. Do not be a part of the issue of garbage on beaches. If you take stuff to the beach, you are required clean up your litter. Be sure to dispose of your litter in a designated trash or recycling bin.
- Check the bathroom situation. Bathroom locations could be the least of your concerns before you plan your beach visit. But nobody wants to be caught in a situation when you have to go to the restroom immediately but there isn’t one nearby. If you cannot locate restroom details on the beach’s website, then you should plan on the fact that a public restroom or porta potty isn’t available. Make sure that you go to the bathroom before leaving for the beach.