You’ll find a lot of terrific reasons to visit a beach in your neck of the woods. Spending time swimming, building sandcastles, playing volleyball, flying a kite, going on walks, or just soaking up the sun, beaches are a source to many different exciting activities.
You can discover several swimming beaches in Mount Pleasant that are are within a short drive with the assistance of our list of beaches. Below is a list to help you find a beach near you. Begin, by entering a zip code in the displayed box above the table.
Beaches Near Mount Pleasant
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||Street Address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|305||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Park||Canopus Lake Beach||Hopewell Junction||NY||12533||F5CF+HW Hopewell Junction, New Y||41.47||-73.83||41.471442-73.825217||Appalachian National Scenic Trail||4.10||10 reviews|
|306||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Hiking area||Hopewell Beach||Hopewell Junction||NY||12533||H5GW+44 Hopewell Junction, New Y||41.58||-73.80||41.575293-73.804639||392 NY-376||5.00||1 review|
|19||We have tried so hard to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can complete or update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Beach||Teenside Waterfront||Philipstown||NY||10516||https://surpriselake.org||41.46||-73.96||41.456660-73.955338|
|302||Water park||SplashDown Beach||Water park with slides, rides, a wave pool & play areas plus several food options.||Fishkill||NY||12524||G3WV+WC Fishkill, New York||https://splashdownbeach.com||(845) 897-9600||41.55||-73.91||41.547279-73.906429||16 Old Rte 9 W||4.50||2,107 reviews||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||10AM–6PM||Closed|
|300||Swimming lake||Lake Taghkanic Beach||Ancram||NY||12502||37RJ+2C Ancram, New York||42.09||-73.72||42.090043-73.718951||4.70||408 reviews|
|301||Swimming basin||Twin Lakes Public Beach||Elizaville||NY||12523||3672+3P Elizaville, Livingston,||42.06||-73.80||42.062710-73.798195||14 N Shore Dr||3.30||4 reviews|
|297||Public beach||George H. Freer Memorial Beach||Port Ewen||NY||12466||W26G+2P Port Ewen, New York||https://esopus.com||(845) 331-3709||41.91||-73.97||41.910064-73.973178||104 Canal St||4.60||122 reviews||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM|
|296||Beach||Kingston Point Beach||Kingston||NY||12401||https://kingston-ny.gov||(845) 389-0353||41.93||-73.96||41.930103-73.964759||102-144 Delaware Ave||4.20||265 reviews|
|304||Beach pavillion||MDSA Beach||Gardiner||NY||12525||PQF8+FJ Gardiner, New York||https://minnewaskaswimmers.org||(845) 895-5012||41.72||-74.23||41.723708-74.233496||Lake Minnewska, Town of||5.00|
|303||Beach||Minnewaska Lake Beach||Gardiner||NY||12525||https://parks.ny.gov||41.73||-74.24||41.727457-74.237822||4.60||101 reviews|
|299||Park||Saugerties Village Beach||Saugerties||NY||12477||32CX+FG Saugerties, New York||42.07||-73.95||42.071138-73.951228||47 S Partition St||4.20||138 reviews||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM||7AM–8PM|
|307||Beach||Oakdale Beach||Hudson||NY||12534||https://cityofhudson.org||(518) 828-0017||42.25||-73.78||42.251601-73.779219||53-99 N 6th St||3.90||42 reviews|
|298||Park||Bristol Beach||Undeveloped parkland, a former brickyard, with a landing on the Hudson River for kayaking & fishing.||Saugerties||NY||12477||4359+89 Saugerties, New York||42.11||-73.93||42.108262-73.931573||1148 Main St||4.20||29 reviews|
|293||Park||Hampton Manor Park & Beachouse||Rensselaer||NY||12144||J78F+VR Rensselaer, New York||(518) 477-4194||42.62||-73.73||42.617139-73.725460||Lake Shore Dr||4.10||71 reviews||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM||8AM–6PM|
|Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Prior to going to a beach in Mount Pleasant, NY or a nearby region, verify on Google to be sure that the beach is free to the greater public. Quite often, beaches will only remain open for certain seasons of the calendar year or during specific times throughout the day.
Keep in mind that the weather on a beach is quite different than in the city. Wind can be stronger and gusty whenever it’s blowing onto a beach.
Rules of the Beach
When you go to a beach in Mount Pleasant, there are always guidelines that you should follow. Nearly every beach will ask you to follow these guidelines.
- Do not consume alcohol at the beach.
- Always listen to the lifeguard on duty. If they ask you to stop doing something, then you have to follow through.
- Don’t forget, if you bring an object with you, you are expected to not leave anything behind.
- You must swim inside the permitted regions for swimming.
- Even if a lifeguard is at attention, know that you’re entering the water at your own risk.
- Do not attempt to go to the beach when it is not open.
Mount Pleasant Beach Travel Tips
- Wear sunglasses. Too much time in the sun can result in irreversible damage to your eyes. Even if there’s clouds in the skyy, light colored water and sand can redirect sunlight back towards your eyes. Select high quality sunglasses with sps protection and bring a hat for more shade.
- Get there early. Arriving at your Mount Pleasant beach when it opens is the best way of avoiding people.
- Keep the insects away. If you wish to go to the beach early in the day or the evening, there’s a decent chance that mosquitos, sand flies, fleas and other nuisance insects could be a problem.
- Bring Personal Flotation Devices for the little ones. Keeping yourself and your family safe is the number one thought in your mind when attending the beach. Little kiddos or anyone who has a tough time with swimming needs to use a Personal Flotation Device.
- Pack the right sunscreen. Even on a cloudy day, it is easy to get a sunburn while at the beach. Always pack enough sunscreen for everyone.
- Bring plenty of layers. Even if you are anticipating warm weather at the beach, you should know that the temperature at the beach can change very quickly. This is particularly important if you’re wanting to go swimming, so pack extra dry items such as sweaters, blankets, sweatpants, and a hat.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty? Many popular Mount Pleasant beaches will have a lifeguard around, however you shouldn’t assume that a lifeguard being in attendance. If you worry about yourself, little children or anyone else that you bringing to the beach, it is a great idea to pack properly fitted life jackets for anoyone that need them, and also understand that you are swimming at your own risk.